IB trade prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB trade prices

I'm trading live with IB and NT7. I have 1 commission level set as .00002/1 with a minimum of 2.5 which reflects IB's commission policy.

My Quote currencies (FX) is set to HalfPip.

Upon comparing live trades with the account performance in TWS, they never seem to match. Upon investigation, it doesn't appear NT7 is taking it's trade prices from executed orders since the execution prices often vary between the two.

Is this intended to be accurate and is there a way to get them to match?

Hello richtobey,

Thank you for your post.

Note: Commission values can be defined for each connectivity provider and/or broker, per instrument and per instrument type. It is important to understand how this was set up. I have included the following details below:

Commission values are used in the following order:
    1. From the instrument if a commission value has been defined else
    2. From the instrument type if a commission value has been defined else
    3. No value is used since none have been defined

Please follow the instructions below to define commission values per instrument type:
    1. From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    2. Select the tab "Commission"

Please see this link for more information on the Commissions tab:

Please follow the instructions below to define commission values per instrument:
    1. From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    2. Double click on the instrument you wish to add a commission value for
    3. Click on the "Misc" tab

Please see this link for more information on the Adding Commission Rates:

*Critical: Ensure that 'Apply commission to P&L calculations' is enabled under Tools > Options > General tab.

However to understand what may have taken place, please send a note to support AT ninjatrader DOT com & include both your Log & Trace files for a day which you experienced this issue. Make sure to also include a reference to this forum thread.

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Account differences

I think there are a couple of things going on.

First, the commission structure for IB is .00002 per $1 with a floor of $2.5 per order (not fill).

1) So for half a million eur/usd it should be 500,000 * 1.40175 (price) * .00002 = 14.02. But what I get is $10 which is obviously leaving out the price component of the formula. So it's not correct to use the quantity without the price.

2) When an order is broken into pieces at execution time, IB is using the fomula that it uses for each piece where as IB will not charge the floor of $.2.50 twice i.e. on small pieces because it's part of the same order, just 2 different fills.

3) When the price is executed always as a increment of Tools > Options > Data > Quote Currencies > HalfPip (in my configuration) but the platform may execute at 1.40173 as an example. I can't change the halfpip to 1/10th of a pip because that would screw up my superdom.

So because of these suspected inaccuries, my trades in account performance never seem to add up to the difference in account balance from before trading to after trading.

If you still want logs etc, please let me know.
      Last edited by richtobey; 10-25-2010, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Hello richtobey,

Please note that a minimum commission will apply commissions per side per order. A commission level will apply commissions per side per contract/share. Currently it will calculate 500,000 * .00002 = 10. It does not use the market price as your calculation does. Unfortunately this cannot be setup.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post WHICKED
        by WHICKED

Started by Felix Reichert, Today, 02:12 PM
        0 responses