multiple feeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple feeds

i know this has been asked many time before but i need clarification.
    Here's my scenario:
    I use IQfeed as my primary source and trade equities with that feed via IB. So, i connect to IQ first and then IB second.
    I want to Trade futures via IB and use real time data via IB also.
    If I connect in the same sequence as above. i.e. IQ first then IB, how can I specify that i want to pull futures data from IB and not IQ? Can I for example with the ES contract leave the symbol mapping for IQ blank?
    If it helps i have multiple sub accounts with IB and connect using another pc is needed but would prefer to run everything from one pc.

thanks

Hello Wahooj,

Thank you for your post.

Please note connection order is Significant.

The first provider you connect to is where your data will come from unless they do not provide that data. If you are not authorized for a Instrument that they do provide but you connect to this connection first even if you are authorized on the the second provider you will not receive data for that instrument.

For more information on this subject please visit - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm

Also for your second question symbol mapping is not going to change the way you receive data. If you connect to IQ first and remove the symbol mapping then connect to IB where you also receive the data. You will not receive the data as it will still try to be pulled from your first connection(IQ) which now has missing symbol mapping.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    LowellSenior IT Manager

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
    Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
    1 response
    0 likes