Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for Active Strategy drop box on DOM

Hi Ninjas,

I don't know about others here, but I find a little niggly problem with the Active Strategy Drop box in the DOM. There is not enough room to label your strategies, because half the text window is taken up by the default descriptive text "*Active ATM Strategy X" as shown in this pic...

I have a large (ish) number of strategies, about 20, that are variations on initial stop, target, trailing stop, vol trigger and number of steps, and to include all the information needed to identify each one individually, one needs a fairly lengthy string of text and no amount of abbreviating this info shortens it enough to fit eg: 4STP-10TRG-6-4-2TR-v80.

I think the text *Active ATM Strategy X is not needed, because next to the box it says Active Strategy anyway, and underneath it says ATM strategy parameters. I am sure we all know that the text that appears in the box is an Active ATM Strategy. Why take up the text space with it?

cheers,
    Antraman
    Last edited by Antraman; 10-01-2007, 03:57 AM. Reason: typos

Hi Antraman,

Hope all is well.

The 'active ATM strategy 1' message means you have an active strategy working. The numbers would add up every time you place an order. So the second order would be 'active ATM strategy 2', etc.

I will ask development if it's possible to change or resize this.

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for asking, I am very well. Things are good!

I understand that the text is used to described which strategy is working in a trade, but when you think about it, is that information really helpful? It is no more than a sequential series of numbers, governed by how many trades one makes in a session. It doesn't actually give you any indication as to the nature of the strategy used in that trade...which I gather is why you enable the function to edit text and apply a label in that window. My only beef is that this sequential numbering system takes precedence over the more important technical information about the strategy used.

It really is not needed. If you look in the Control Centre|Orders tab, Strategy column, it actually records the text string that you enter in the window, NOT the Active ATM Strategy number itself. The ATM number isn't recorded in the log either.

Perhaps when editing the text string in the strategy manager window, the text you enter replaces "*Active ATM Strategy X", but it stays by default if you don't enter any text, or if you don't choose one of your preset strategies.

cheers,
      Antraman

Comment

How about changing this so that it displays the entire name in a little pop-up text box if you hover the mouse over it?

And if you can do that, also add this for the names in "Load Template" and for saving a template, so if the name doesn't completely display, and you hover the mouse over it, it displays the whole name?

Best regards,

KBJ

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes