Market replay Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market replay Data

Other than the replay data I record, is there anywhere to download data for use in the market replay window?

Thanks,
    Dale

Dale1670,

Thank you for your post.

It is not possible to download or import replay data in NT V6.5 - this data will have to be actively recorded from your live data connection.

However, in our upcoming release of NT V7, we have introduced the ability to download pre-recorded market replay data from our NinjaTrader servers.

Please see our NT V7 Help Guide article for more information on this feature:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to download replay data from NT V7 and import to NT V6.5

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks Mathew, so if I wanted to use nt7 for my practice trading I could do that? I have a license and am using 6.5 for live trading, would also having and using 7 be a problem? Is it possible to run both versions concurrently?

Dale

Comment

Dale,

You are free to download and use NT V7 Beta for Market Replay as well as Simulated Trading. Although you can trade live with NinjaTrader 7 we would like to remind you that it still beta software and as such, there is a higher risk of unexpected situations that can arise that can adversely effect your ability to manage orders and open positions. If you trade live, please do so conservatively and with caution.

While you will not have any issues installing both NT V6.5 and NT V7 on the same computer, you will not be able to run them concurrently. If you would like to run both versions at the same time, you would need to run one copy from another computer.

Additionally, It is not possible to run NinjaTrader on two computers under the same license. This would be in violation of our End User License Agreement (EULA) and can lead to license termination.

If you would like to run NinjaTrader on two separate computers, you would need to obtain a second license. If you would like to execute from both machines, you would need to purchase another Live license for the 2nd computer. If you only plan on using one of the machines for Charting or Simulated/Replay and the other for live executions, you would be able to do this by using a free simulation license on the machine you plan on charting and using your live license from the machine you plan on executing from.

If you would like a free simulated license, please send a note to support [at] email [dot] com and request a free simulated license to use on another computer.

Comment

Thanks for the info Mathew. I think I will stick with the version I am using for live trading and download 7 for sim, it would be handy to be able to run both for testing while waiting for something to happen, ( I also don't like sim trading while live trading on the same platform,because mistakes can happen) but not a big deal.

Dale

Comment

I have market replay data on an older computer is it possible to transfer those files to my new computer?

Dale

Comment

'upcoming release'

Matthew,

""
              However, in our upcoming release of NT V7, we have introduced the ability to download pre-recorded market replay data from our NinjaTrader servers.

""

I am already doing that ... what is different in the 'upcoming release'?

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Trader.Jon View Post
                Matthew,

""

""

I am already doing that ... what is different in the 'upcoming release'?

Jon
                Jon,

To clarify, this feature is already included in the beta release of NT V7. You will not see any changes in any upcoming releases of NT V7 beta or the final release of NT V7.

Comment

Can I suggest that it would be an improvement if there was a capability to download a batch of replay files instead of 1 at a time? Would save a lot of hits on the server. Such as a whole instrument list for 1 day?

Thanks
                  Jon

Comment

NT,

I downloaded the market replay data for last Friday and noticed it had been created using the old ZenFire feed.

Will you be changing its source to the new ZenFire feed anytime soon??

Thanks,

RJay
                    RJay
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Trader.Jon,

Originally posted by Trader.Jon View Post
                      Can I suggest that it would be an improvement if there was a capability to download a batch of replay files instead of 1 at a time? Would save a lot of hits on the server. Such as a whole instrument list for 1 day?

Thanks
                      Jon
                      Thank you for your feedback. I will forward your suggestion to our development team to add to their list of future considerations

rt6176,

Originally posted by rt6176 View Post
                      NT,

I downloaded the market replay data for last Friday and noticed it had been created using the old ZenFire feed.

Will you be changing its source to the new ZenFire feed anytime soon??

Thanks,

RJay
                      We have not heard anything from development if the Zen-Fire adapter will be upgraded on the server side any time soon.

Comment

One More Question,

There appears to be a belief that market replay will always be from what ever data provider you use with Ninjatrader.

Is this true or is the Market Replay data always ZenFire?

Thanks,

RJay
                        RJay
                        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

rt6176,

Market Replay comes from the NinjaTrader historical data servers which is provided by Zen-Fire at this time.

Comment

If I understand replay correctly then, I cannot use historical data using my data feed like IQFEED. I can only use data that was recorded during the trading day? And if I didn't have record on than there is no way to get and replay the data from historical IQFEED data?

That being the case, what instruments are available on your replay servers? I only seem to be able to get data for ES; many stocks are listed under Dow 30 and SP500 but when I try them I just get "L1/L2 data is not available".

Replay is a great idea to practice trading a whole day in less than an hour, but if the above is true it really limits its value.

Thanks. --MattC.

Comment

Hello ojokbusbefs

For this you will want to reference the “Download” section of the following link to the NinjaTrader 7 Help Guide:

Note that not all instruments will have data (L1/L2) at this time. This feature continues to be updated and as such we have not compiled a comprehensive & final list of what is included.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
                              ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes