Unable to display charts properly in NT 6.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to display charts properly in NT 6.5

I'm using IQFeed's forex data with Ninja Trader 6.5, and I've been encountering this problem for the last 2 days. I have 30 charts open, and for some reason, my range charts are only displaying a few bars of data, whereas my time charts are fine. While connecting to the data stream server, I sometimes get the error message saying that NT cannot display the selected timeframe and I need to choose a smaller timeframe. Is anyone having similar problems, and is there a solution around this issue??

Thanks!

Hello TimberWolf,

What range interval do you have selected in your charts? The higher the range interval, the less bars you will display in your charts.

Do you notice any issue when you create a tick chart?

Do you recall what the error message exactly stated. If not, please send me your log and trace files for the date the error ocurred and include an estimated time. occurrence. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20101028 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20101028 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

I'm using different values for range charts, namely 4, 13, 21 and 51. The problem usually comes from the 51 range charts, they take ridiculously long to load the data (been waiting for more than 30mins). If I remove the 51 range chart, everything works fine albeit slow loading times. I never had this problem in the past running the same charts for 2 currency pairs, but after adding another 2 pairs the loading has started crawling.

Have not used tick charts. I can't recall the error message either. I'll monitor the situation and if it still does not improve, I'll send you my log and trace files.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

It is as expected that a 51 range chart will contain less bars than a 4 range chart.

It seems the total data request is a bit too much. I suggest to avoid loading data for all 4 instruments and charts at once. Perhaps you can split up your current workspace in two workspaces and load them in turns. So make sure only one workspace is opened when you connect to IQFeed.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aussugardefender  
        Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
        14 responses
        0 likes