Open trade and loss of connectivty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open trade and loss of connectivty

I occasionally have NT freeze (for whatever reason). If I enter say a night /ES trade, and leave the computer on, what happens if I get a lock up. The question really is, "Where are the stop loss and target values kept, in my computer or on my broker's server?"

Thanks,

Larry

Originally posted by epcompany View Post
    I occasionally have NT freeze (for whatever reason). If I enter say a night /ES trade, and leave the computer on, what happens if I get a lock up. The question really is, "Where are the stop loss and target values kept, in my computer or on my broker's server?"

Thanks,

Larry
    Where do traders watch for breaking news? I seem to be way behind any moves. Are there any free services that are fast?

Comment

moseskao,
      This doesn't have anything to do with my question, but most "newsie" stuff happens between 8;30AM and 10AM Eastern when the financial announcements are made. You can go here to see what's coming and the results:

Otherwise, I have an advisor or two that give me advise. You might try Mohan. I listen to him. Look him up on the net. The market's being rigged right now it seems by Bernake and Goldman Sacs and they won't let it drop. We've been over 30 trading days without a real correction. I use that to my advantage both in futures and options trading.

Anyway, you seem to be a newbie here, so learn to manage the risk in trading and only take high probability trades. If you don't, you'll find you loose your shirt really quick. You're on your own to find the trading style that suits you.

Lastly, you're not behind the moves because there was news, There usually isn't news driving most of this. Even if there is, it doesn't matter. You need to trade the momentum of the market, follow what it does and not worry about why it went where it did. I'll give you a pointer: Go play with fast EMA crossovers, stochastics and Woodies CCI. When you understand what you're looking at, you may be ready to trade. But even then, manage your risk. And don't use time based charts, they tell you nothing about how the market is moving. Use range charts. I use 8 tick, 2 point range charts for /ES for example. It keeps the noise down at that resolution.

Larry
      Last edited by epcompany; 10-28-2010, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Hello Larry,

If orders receive a 'Working' or 'Accepted' order status, it indicates the order resides at the broker/exchange.
        Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

You can check the order status in the State column in the Control Center-->Orders-tab.

Thank you for helping out moseskao!
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Jason! I see we're still both around. There must be some meaning in that.... : )

Thanks for the reply.

Ray also wrote:

Zen-Fire
          Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the order will be active on the Zen-Fire servers.

which confuses me a bit. I use Zen, so does this mean that if I don't see "Accepted" or "Working", the orders are at Zen and not on my machine.

I normally watch all my trades, but am starting to trust what I'm doing enough that I'd be willing "to sleep on it" and let a night trade run. I just don't want to wake up and find my account emptied because I lost the link from my PC.

No problem with moseskao. The site has been reorganized so that a newbie dropping in wouldn't know that there are subject threads buried here. He only saw the new post which was me and climbed on it.

Thanks,

Larry

Comment

Hello Larry,

If you do not see a 'Working' or 'Accepted' status, the order is in a Filled, Cancelled or PendingSubmit status. The PendingSubmit status indicates NinjaTrader submitted to order to your broker, but NinjaTrader did not receive a signal back from the broker if the order is accepted.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,
              I took a couple of trades today and the stop and target both had working or accepted. So, it looks as though I can go to bed with a night trade open and not worry about loosing my shirt while I sleep.

Thanks a bunch!

Larry

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by PhillT, Today, 02:16 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post PhillT
              by PhillT

Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM