Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heikin Ashi candles not painting

Hi

I have been using NT for a number of years now. Recently my Heikin ASHI candles will not paint.

I am on NT6.5. I can sometimes get it to work for a short while by deleting all workspaces and templates but it will suddenly disappear again.

This problem started in the last couple of updates.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello cnecorp,

Can you post a screenshot of this Hello A. paint issue? Make sure to include you chart settings so that we can recreate on our end.

To create a screenshot:
    1. Press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the window.
    2. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint,
    3. Press CRTL + V to paste the image.
    4. Save & upload to this thread.

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Will do. At the moment, i have it fixed temporarily by clearing my workspace and restarting NT and it is behaving itself but it usually recurs in the next day or so.

Comment

Managed to recreate the problem on a fellow trader's machine.

The left chart is a vanilla chart (only changes is to chart properties, colors etc). Candles are painted properly.

The right chart is the same chart with the supplied Heikin Ashi indicator loaded. It is blank.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chip View Post
        Hello cnecorp,

Can you post a screenshot of this Hello A. paint issue? Make sure to include you chart settings so that we can recreate on our end.

To create a screenshot:
        1. Press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the window.
        2. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint,
        3. Press CRTL + V to paste the image.
        4. Save & upload to this thread.

Thank you,
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello cnecorp,

Can you please remove the Heiken Ashi indicator and check if the requested data is displayed in the chart. Subsequently, re-apply the Heiken Ashi indicator and check if you see candles.

Do you perhaps experience an error when the Heiken Ashi chart remains blank?

Do you notice any consistency when the issue occurs? When I test it on my end, I cannot reproduce it so far.

Please send me your latest log and trace files and include what time (as per your PC clock) you applied the Heiken Ashi indicator last. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20101103 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20101103 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this thread.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason

See responses below in red in the quote, also tried to upload the files but they were too big. Can I email them to you? (sorry, just saw your email address at the bottom. Will email them)

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Hello cnecorp,

Can you please remove the Heiken Ashi indicator and check if the requested data is displayed in the chart. Subsequently, re-apply the Heiken Ashi indicator and check if you see candles.

Done.
            Candles show up when HA is removed and disappears when I reapply the indicator. That was the reason why i showed you the 2 charts, the vanilla and the one with the HA indicator.

Do you perhaps experience an error when the Heiken Ashi chart remains blank?

No.

Do you notice any consistency when the issue occurs? When I test it on my end, I cannot reproduce it so far.

It consistently refuses to paint the HA candles. When it happens whilst midstream (when I manage to get HA working and it stops) historical candles remain but no new ones are painted. If i refresh the chart, all candles disappear. The only way to fix this is to delete workspace and templates and reboot NT.

Please send me your latest log and trace files and include what time (as per your PC clock) you applied the Heiken Ashi indicator last. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Let me get that off my fellow trader. It was his machine that I reproduced the error on. Mine is temporarily fixed (deleted workspace etc) and it usually lasts up to 2 days. Like you, I cannot reproduce the error until it recurs.

Tried to upload the files but they were too large. Can I email them to you

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20101103 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20101103 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this thread.
            Last edited by cnecorp; 11-03-2010, 04:39 AM.

Comment

If the files are larger than 3 MB, please zip the files first. If they are still larger than 3 MB, please use www.filexpressit.com to send the files.

Comment

Jason

I have already emailed the files to you at support

Comment

Here are the zipped files

If the files are larger than 3 MB, please zip the files first. If they are still larger than 3 MB, please use www.filexpressit.com to send the files.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Edward,

I notice that your friend has version 6.5.1000.15 installed. What version do you have installed? You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About. Make sure you have NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.18.

Unfortunately the files do not clarify why the Heiken Ashi indicator does not display. I see errors listed regarding other indicators, but I see nothing listed that refers to Heiken Ashi.

Does the issue persist after the following steps. Restart NinjaTrader and close anyworkspace running in the background.

Go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The one with the checkmark is the one displayed on your monitor(s) - the others run in the background.

Select a workspace that runs in the background and subsequently close it. Repeat this procedure until only your empty workspace is opened.

Close all charts and other windows except the Control Center. Subsequently connect to your data feed and create a brand new chart. Apply the Heiken Ashi and let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

Hi Jason

Thanks will try these and report back.
                      See replies below:

Hello Edward,

I notice that your friend has version 6.5.1000.15 installed. What version do you have installed? You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About. Make sure you have NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.18.

I am on 15 as well. Will upgrade to 18 and report back.
                      Did not do so because the release notes indicated apparently non relevant changes to us.

Unfortunately the files do not clarify why the Heiken Ashi indicator does not display. I see errors listed regarding other indicators, but I see nothing listed that refers to Heiken Ashi.

Does the issue persist after the following steps. Restart NinjaTrader and close any workspace running in the background.

It resolves when I delete workspace and restart. Must admit I have never just closed the workspaces before.
                      Will try that. We only have 1 workspace
                      . Will try that and report back

Go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The one with the checkmark is the one displayed on your monitor(s) - the others run in the background.

Select a workspace that runs in the background and subsequently close it. Repeat this procedure until only your empty workspace is opened.

Close all charts and other windows except the Control Center. Subsequently connect to your data feed and create a brand new chart. Apply the Heiken Ashi and let me know if the issue persists.

Will do

Comment

Thanks Jason
                        Looks like 18 fixed it. We have upgraded and if it does not recur in 2 days, we can be relatively confident that the problem is fixed.

Ed

Comment

Hello Ed,

Thank you for letting us know the matter is resolved.

Let me know us you need any assistance going forward.

Have a good one!
                          ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                          Started by Stanfillirenfro, 04-22-2024, 09:19 AM
                          7 responses