currency index?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

currency index?

I am wanting to replicate something like this chart ( See Attachment)
    1. Is it possible in NT7?
    2. What would be the codes for these indexes- US dollar and Euro.
    Thanks
    raycam
    Attached Files

Hello raycam,

Thank you for your post.

It would be possible to display two instruments within the same panel in a 'line on close' display mode as shown in the attached image.

Unfortunately, I have no suggestions on which symbols to specifically use to replicate the setup shown. Perhaps your data provider could offer some suggestions?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I use Kinetick and TT and want to be able to use the Dollar Index, DX.X in my trading. Can't get it from TT and to get it real time from Kinetick costs $70 per month. But you can get it real time for free at this ICE web page: https://www.theice.com/realtime/DollarsRealTime.action

Is there a way to feed this data into ninjatrader?

Comment

Hello,

There is not currently a supported adapter to get this feed into NinjaTrader.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks, that's a big help. SInce ICE makes the data available FOR FREE, why can't Kinetick supply it FOR FREE?

Comment

Ricam,

Kinetick used to provide this for free, however changes with ICE prevented Kinetick from offering this for free and now requires a subscription for Kinetick or any other provider to offer this data.

Comment

That doesn't make too much sense, since, as I mentioned, ANYONE can register for free at the ICE website to get free real time streaming DX.X quotes. So please take another look at this and see what you can do.

Comment

raycam,

The Fees are set by the exchange and Kinetick nor NinjaTrader has any control over this.

Comment

Alternate index for the dollar

Kinetick also has the DXY (Dow Jones FXCM dollar index)

Is this one available real time without exchange fees?

Who is raycam? Do you mean Rayco? They used to be big in the auto slip cover business... fifty years ago.
                  Last edited by Ricam; 06-19-2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Ricam,

Sorry for misspelling your username.

Please send an email to support[at]kinetick[dot]com for information on any symbols and any fees associated with these exchanges.

Comment

Dow Jones FXCM Dollar Index from Kinetick

The DXY Dow Jones Dollar Index is being delivered in real time by Kinetick. The symbol is USDOLLAR.X. It seems to be provided at no extra charge along with the other free market metrics.

This index is available continuously from the Sunday afternoon open to the Friday afternoon close.

Traders might do well to pay serious attention, considering how strongly dollar strength correlates inversely to most risk asset classes.

Comment

Is this USDOLLAR.X still available? I can't seem to bring it up in instrument manager. Is there anything else close to the DX.X that any of you are using? I need a daily chart of the index, NOT the futures contracts.

Comment

Hello coolmoss,

Thanks for your post.

Kinetick is not longer able to support instruments from the ICE exchange.
                          I have tested and you can load a daily chart data for this index with the Kinetick End Of Day (free) connection however you will need to manually create this instrument.

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
                          Press the "New" button
                          *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
                          Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
                          Press the "OK" button
                          * If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.

Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
                          Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
                          Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
                          Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list
                          You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
                          BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                            Hello coolmoss,

Thanks for your post.

I have tested and you can load a daily chart data for this index with the Kinetick End Of Day (free) connection however you will need to manually create this instrument.

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
                            Press the "New" button
                            *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
                            Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
                            Press the "OK" button
                            * If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.

Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
                            Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
                            Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
                            Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list
                            You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
                            I'm a bit confused. You say Kinetick doesn't support ICE symbols, then you say I can get it with an EOD Kinetick connection. Can you please clarify what you mean?

I did create a new instrument by doing a symbol search at Kinetick site where it says to use DX.X for the index. I tried this and I come up with an invalid symbol error. Could you please describe or show screen shot of the exact way you were able to set it up and get it to work?

Thanks much.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                              Hello coolmoss,

Thanks for your post.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                              Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post FrazMann