currency index?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coolmoss View Post
    I'm a bit confused. You say Kinetick doesn't support ICE symbols, then you say I can get it with an EOD Kinetick connection. Can you please clarify what you mean?

I did create a new instrument by doing a symbol search at Kinetick site where it says to use DX.X for the index. I tried this and I come up with an invalid symbol error. Could you please describe or show screen shot of the exact way you were able to set it up and get it to work?

Thanks much.
    CM: I get DX through my zenfire connection...

haven't tried for TF.... (another ICE disallowed Kinetick item)....

Comment

Originally posted by coolmoss View Post
      I'm a bit confused. You say Kinetick doesn't support ICE symbols, then you say I can get it with an EOD Kinetick connection. Can you please clarify what you mean?

I did create a new instrument by doing a symbol search at Kinetick site where it says to use DX.X for the index. I tried this and I come up with an invalid symbol error. Could you please describe or show screen shot of the exact way you were able to set it up and get it to work?

Thanks much.
      So is it cheaper to subscribe to Zenfire and record your own data for what you want, and unsubscribe Kinetick?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
        So is it cheaper to subscribe to Zenfire and record your own data for what you want, and unsubscribe Kinetick?
        I'm not sure of the answer to that sledge. I'm not on Zenfire, but rather on CQG. I'm still trying to get some answers on exactly what is available from CQG and my experimenting with symbol setups isn't going well.

If anyone is on CQG (via AMP Trading) and can tell me their exact setup for getting the DX Index (NOT the futures but the actual index) I'd appreciate hearing. Likewise, if you know for sure AMP doesn't deliver the index data, what are you using, if anything, for a "substitute" dollar index.

Right now I have to open up a java based chart from fxStreet to get this, a real pain, but it's free

Comment

The dollar index is nothing but a weighted geometric mean of the dollar's value compared only with
          • EUR 57.6% weight
          • JPY 13.6% weight
          • GBP 11.9% weight
          • CAD 9.1% weight
          • SEK 4.2% weight and
          • CHF 3.6% weight

It is possible to make the index as an indicator from the the free currency quotes.
          It is on my list of things to do.I don't think it would be very difficult.

I plan on starting with this code and modify it from there.... but I have several projects that are in line before this.... maybe someone else will jump in and get it done...

I'll be darned if I am paying exchange fees for something that is available from the free quotes with a little math and a little coding....

Comment

I'll take a crack at it Crassius. I agree with you, it's ridiculous that I can go to any of a number of free websites and get the real time data for free, but can't get it from a broker or paid feed. This is NOT a complaint to Ninja, I realize it's basically exchange greed.

Thanks for the info, I'll check out the link.

Comment

I just took a quick look at the link Crassius posted. It will produce a line plot. It seems somewhere I came across a thread or post on how to override plot (or some other means) to produce OHLC or candle sticks based on custom data series.

Can anybody point me to that info? I tried a few searches but can't find anything.

Thanks much!

Comment

I was going to look at this one to see about doing candlesticks....

Also Heiken Ashi has re-drawn candlesticks....
                Attached Files

Comment

Any news on this project as i am very interest in it.
                  I am looking to have a DXY look a like on NinjaTrader.
                  Right now i am going all the way to MT4 from Forex LTD to get my real-time DXY data can you guys believe that? it's crazy, and the FXCM "dollar index" its not even worth mentioning.

Regards.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post trilliantrader  
                  Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes