PFG Charting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PFG Charting

I have been running the following charts simultaneously on the same asset M6E:

13-tick
    25-volume
    15-min
    10-range

I have had them all running from market open on Sunday. All the expected data showed up in all charts. However, when I closed and reopened the range chart, all data for Sunday disappeared. To test that it was really still there, I did the same for the 15 minute chart and all the data showed up again normally even the volume data, but not so for the range chart.

The broker is PFG. Any reason why the data shows up on one chart (the 15min) and not the other (10-range) on a reload?

Is this specific to NT6.5 and resolve in NT7?

TIA.

Hello RDPoS,

I am not sure why data disappeared on your end. When I test it on my end, I display Sunday's data in the chart (see screenshot).

I reloaded historical data multiple times, however it did not change.

Can you please create a brand new M6E 12-10 10 range chart. Check if the requested data is loaded in the chart.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Same lack of data for Sunday on M6E exists.

Comment

Hello RDPoS,

I tested it on my end and I load range data for Sunday as per the attached screenshot.

First, I cleared my database to delete all M6E existing data. Subsequently I created a new M6E 12-10 range chart and it loaded data for 11-7.

I reloaded historical data in the chart, however the 11-7 data remained.

Could it be you have historical data disabled as per your PFG connection? Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Account Connections, highlight your PFG connection and click Change.

Does it make a difference if you create a new chart via Control Center-->File-->New-->Chart?
        Attached Files

Comment

I do have historical data enabled for that connection

Comment

Can you please create a new chart and check if this will make a difference.

If not, please perform the same steps as me - delete the historical data from the database first and subsequently create a new chart.

You can delete historical data via Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data-->Delete.

Comment

I'm running NT7 b23 and testing both with zenfire and PFG. I also experience candle disappearing on range charts randomly. However, I can't pinpoint the exact steps to duplicate the problem. During live trading, sometimes switching different instruments would make range candles disappear (ES/NQ/TF). When this happens, sometimes switching to time or tick chart then range would temporarily fix the problem.

Also, in replay mode, when switching to different expiration month on instruments would make range candles disappear. Sometimes, to fix this problem, I disconnected replay mode then connected live mode and change to current expiration then change back to replay mode would fix the problem.

Again, these steps are hit-n-miss

Comment

That is funny because back when I was just using the free license, I also experienced the same thing with Zen-Fire as well. I thought it was quite weird that both data sources would be missing the same data on reload.

Comment

I don't think the problem is missing data from PFG or Zenfire data's servers. If that was the case then time charts would not display candles. The bug is in the range chart, however, without an exact steps to duplicate the problem, it would be hard for the development team to fix it. Hopefully, someone can help on this issue

Originally posted by RDPoS View Post
                  That is funny because back when I was just using the free license, I also experienced the same thing with Zen-Fire as well. I thought it was quite weird that both data sources would be missing the same data on reload.

Comment

Hello hcgalio,

Please let us know if you find a reproducible scenario or if you find any consistencies between the occurrences.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. It just sort of happens sometimes. Just strange things go on. Like when I closed NT6.5 down and restarted because a chart wouldn't load. The chart I wanted did reload, but the other two charts don't show up in the task bar at the bottom of windows, even though if I hide everything else, I can see one of them that is not showing up on the task bar. The 3rd chart window just vanished magically.

Weird.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                      10 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Leafcutter  
                      Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes