Replay Speed Detection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replay Speed Detection

I have not been able to find existing threads that address my question. Sorry if it has been covered.

Is there a function accessible to NinjaScripts that will read the current replay speed setting when running with replay data?

I have implemented a way to approximate this by comparing bar-time intervals to corresponding computer clock intervals, but it would be nice to just be able to read the replay speed setting. For my purposes, it would help if I at least knew if the setting had changed.

Hello,

There is no NinjaScript function to access this Unfortunately.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

There is no NinjaScript function to access this Unfortunately.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
      Thanks Brett. I think this would be a useful thing to add to NT.

My approach works OK, but for the sake of "safety" I do not want to base my calculations on a single bar interval, so it takes me several bars to get it right. I use the information to set a timer that I surely do not want to set too short, and is not very useful if I set it too long. If I knew the replay speed at least at the start of every bar, I could react to changes more quickly.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion - I would only have the idea of adding a user input where you set the replay speed used if doing the replay, you can query this then in your custom code.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Thanks for the suggestion - I would only have the idea of adding a user input where you set the replay speed used if doing the replay, you can query this then in your custom code.
          I would prefer to leave the speed control capability in the little replay window, and somehow make the changes there readable to a script. When I do a replay I often use high speed to fast forward over parts of the day where real-time computations are being performed that I do not want to lose, but do not need to see from bar to bar, while in some places I want to slow down to see things happening. In 6.5 at least, changing a script parameter wipes out all the accumulated real-time information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
          2 responses
          1 like
          Last Post BarzTrading  
          Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH