sim with IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sim with IB

Hi, I have an account with IB and want to set it up to trade sim and test my automated FX strategies built with the gain feed before going live. I downloaded the correct TWS version and configured it and NT7 all ok. I have some questions that I cant find the answer to in the IB help section;
    1. Do I control the live /sim from the account column in the NT strategies window only or do I need to set the TWS to trade sim?
    2. When doing a back test, is the SA only using the IB historical data or the stored NT server historical data or a blend? The reason I ask is because IB is only supposed to have 1 year historical FX data but I can pull up a chart with 2 years' data, so how is it doing that?
    3. I have been doing all my testing in "tenth pips" and I had to set it to "half pip" for IB, so to retest with the IB data can I just go to whole pips with my profit target and stop loss or do I need to specify the last digit as a 0 or 5 for the half pip? eg: 50 for whole pips, 500 for half pips.
    Thanks

Hello Stem1,

1. You determine what account will be traded by your strategy by selecting it in the 'Strategies/New Strategy' window that appears when starting a strategy. TWS does not have control on this.

2. Please see the link below under 'When does NinjaTrader load historical data?' how NinjaTrader loads historical data.

3. You will need to adjust your ATM strategy values now that you use HalfPip.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, that's sorted. It seems to be able to load only about 300 days of hourly data before it gives the exceeded data box, is this expected behaviour? Is there a work around like loading at a different time of day or something?
      If I want to replace the existing historical with only the IB historical, do I bring up a chart for 300 days, right click and reload historical data? Does that wipe all previous data for that instrument and does NT then keep this new historical?
      Thanks

Comment

Am I correct you refer to the historical data limitation of IB? Unfortunately I am not sure when exactly it will be triggered. I suggest to contact IB for clarification.

I am not aware of any workaround regarding the IB historical data limitation other than to wait 5 minutes and subsequently you will be able to load additional historical data.

Yes, that way it will load the requested historical data from IB and it will be saved.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes