Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trading E7 or M6E

Hi
    Im interested in trading E7 or M6E. I'm using 6.5 at the moment and have the Zenfire feed. Is anyone trading either of these? If so, I would be grateful for answers to the following:

How do I set up these instruments in NT?
    What is the tick value of each?
    What is the commission for a contract for each through Mirus?(yes I have sent them an email)
    What kind of spreads do they have?

I am thinking I will use 6E as the reference chart and then take trades off M6E or E7 as I dont want to trade $12.50 per tick.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Lindsay

Hello Lindsay,

These instruments are setup by default in NinjaTrader. When I test them using the default settings while connected to Zen-Fire, I receive real-time data. Ifyou do not, please disconnect from Zen-Fire and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and click Reset Instruments. Restart NinjaTrader and check again.

So the tick value for the E7 and M6E is 0.0001.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thks yes I have got them both charting. I would be surprised if many are successfully trading these as, based on Frankfurt and London open today, the liquidity is hopeless and the spreads accordingly too big ( 3 to 4 ticks and sometimes larger). This means poor entries and frequent non fills of profit targets - any edge you may have will need to be good to trade these. They may be a little less hopeless around US session?

Still interested to hear of others experiences but looking like it really is not a good plan to include these instruments.

L

Comment

lindsayf,

I been trading the 6E for over a year and a half. Although I've had great success I find it difficult to trade because of the size of my account being so small. I just recently have been trading the M6E with great success. Yes there can be up to a 4 tic spread but if you trade it during the London and US session i am finding it not that bad. Unless you are trading under 10 lots I have had no problems with fills. I mostly trade between 3 to 6 lots. I do follow the 6E chart to make my trades because they are so much more fluid.

Trading this instrument makes it so much easier to stay in the trades with bigger stops and because of the lower tic valule I can more focus on what the chart is telling me and not have to worrry so much about my account.

I think as time goes on more people (especially new traders) will be drawn to this instrument.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DanielSanMartin