Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

historical tick data for CL, copper, etc

Hi,

Does anyone know which data provider provides 2-5 years worth of historical tick data (to build volume-based charts) for the Energy, Metal and Grain futures?

I'm currently using Zen-Fire + Trading Technologies, which provides a nice backfill for the U.S. Indices, but not much of anything else.

Thanks!

-Nick

Hello Nick,

You can find a matrix that lists all supported connectivity providers at the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider'.

As per NinjaTrader 7, our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $50 per month or completely free if all you need is end of day data. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader 7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I've looked at the matrix before, and while its a very useful summary, I was hoping for more specific info on how many years of backfill is available. From what I can tell, Kinetick offers only 4 months of historical tick data, which is too little for my tests.

Have you have any experiece purchasing bulk data from www.tickdata.com or www.disktrading99.com? If so, how clean is their data, and how easy is it for me to use with NT 7?

Thanks!

Comment

Unfortunately I have no experience with these websites.

You can import historical data manually as per the instructions at the following link.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 07:24 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by cocoescala, 10-12-2018, 11:02 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes