5 minute volume on alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 minute volume on alerts

When I right click on the market analyzer and go to columns, I would like to add more indicators, such as macd, as well as a volume, not daily volume, just 5min or 15 min volume, how can I do this?

I am trying to set an alert that will notify me once the volume of the current bar is 30% greater than the volume of the last 4 bars, I would like this to work on a 5min chart and 15 min chart.

Thanks for your help!

Hello bigpapi,

Thank you for your post.

You can add any indicator available from your charts to the Market Analyzer by right clicking on the Market Analyzer--> selecting "Columns"--> locating the "Indicator" column and press "New".

You should then be able to chose the indicator you would like to plot from the "Indicator" option in the right panel. You can then configure alerts to be trigger when a certain condition has been met.

Click here for more information on Adding Columns and Indicators to the Market Analyzer

Click here for information on Creating an Alert Condition in the Market Analyzer

As far as configuring the Alert to consider a condition based off the previous 4 bars, this would require custom programming. You may be able to accomplish this using the Strategy Wizard.

Click here for more information on the Strategy Analyzer

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our NinjaScript consultants.

Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I would like to add additional indicators to the market analyzer, how can I do this?

Comment

Can you clarify what you mean by "add additional indicators"?

Are there indicators available from your charts that you cannot access from the Market Analyzer indicator column?

Comment

When I go to Market Analyzer--> "Columns"--> "Indicator", there are only a limited amount of indicators, I would like to add more.

Comment

Can you give me an example of an indicator you do not see that you would wish to add?

By default, you should be able to add MACD and VOL as you previously stated. Do you not see these listed? Can you also give me an example of an indicator that is listed?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
              Can you give me an example of an indicator you do not see that you would wish to add?

By default, you should be able to add MACD and VOL as you previously stated. Do you not see these listed? Can you also give me an example of an indicator that is listed?

Intraday volume, MACD, Stochastics, how can I add MACD and VOL, that is my question, it is not on the default list, I use NT7.

There is a daily volume and net change indicator on the list. it's a long list but it does not include a lot of the basic indicators.

Comment

bigpapi,

As long as the indicator is available from the chart, you will be able to add it to the Market Analyzer. I have attached a screen shot of NT V7 Market Analyzer column and added the "Indicator" column and also selected "MACD" from the Indicator drop down menu on the right side. Please test that you are able to add the MACD indicator as shown in the screen shot attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post kempotrader  
                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                0 responses