Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patsystems disconnecting

I have connections to Patsystems and IQ

When I place an order via Pats, NT disconnects. Normally, Pats requires that NT be re-started to gain the connection back. Today, NT is reconnecting automatically...it says....however it is not.

Meaning, I am sitting with an open order according to NT, NT tells me I am connected to Pats, and I can not cancel the order.

I call Alaron and they confirm that there are no orders placed, cancelled or otherwise, since an order I placed an hour ago at the open.

With Alaron tech support on the line, I closed NT, opened NT, connected to Pats, placed an order and cancelled the order. Alaron confirmed the place and cancel.

So, NT is NOT re-connecting as it says it is to Pats. After the first disconnect NT was giving erroneous information as to the Pats connection being active.

The work-around solution in this case is to close NT everytime Pats disconnects and to ignore NT with respect to Pats connection status.

Restarting NT, clears the Pats connection and orders can be placed/cancelled.

This of course does not explain why Pats disconnects in the first place.

NT only reports the reconnect (status = green) as the Pats API reports the reconnect. There is nothing NT can do nor is there any room for "interpretation" by NT.

Guessing: Could be an ISP issue. I suggest trying on a different ISP if you can.

Comment

If it was an ISP problem I would also lose connection to IQ which I do not.

Since, normally, if I disconnect from Pats and try to reconnect and NT says I must close and re-open NT to re-connect to Pats, I suspect this issue is within NT.

In other words, this issue is new and abnormal to usual Pats connection requirements. The fact that the re-connection is not a real connection, i.e. can not place/cancel trades, confirms that Pats is not connected per status shown by NT.

Comment

As explained below status=green=connected only is shown as the underlying Pats API/infrastructure reports "connected".

Please send me your traces to "dierk AT ninjatrader DOT com" so I could take a look.

Also:
        >> If it was an ISP problem I would also lose connection to IQ which I do not.
        Not true, since your ISP could have problems with particular parts of the web and could work fine with others.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post giulyko00  
        Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post r68cervera