Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Not Loading - PC clock out of sync

Hi,

PC clock was re-set to oct.11, 2010 instead of Nov. 11, 2010. It was a mistake. I tried to start NT several times without realizing the mistake.
    After correcting the clock I can't load data between oct.11 and nov. 11. I am not sure if I lost the data. Even after I click on Reload Historical Data(IB connection) I can't display anything between those dates.
    What is my next step.

Thanks

Hello vk279,

Can you please close NinjaTrader and reboot your PC. Subsequently start NinjaTrader and check if you can load the historical data in question. Try creating a brand new chart if existing charts will not work.

If the issue remains, try the following. Delete all historical minute and daily data via the Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data-->Delete. Subsequently create new charts that will request data between Oct 11th and Nov 11th and check if the chart loads the data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. I tried re-booting but it didn't work. Actually I just re-installed(repaired). I am able to download the data on minute charts but on tick charts it is still not displaying any data between oct.11 and nov.11. Does that mean I lost all that data? Is there any way to check?
      I keep having issues with PC clock sync. I think it is best to make Ninjatrader independent of PC clock like IB and other charting softwares.

Thanks,
      vinay

Comment

Hello vinay,

Please note that IB does not support historical tick data, so you will be unable to load historical tick data.

Unfortunately if no historical data is displayed in your tick chart, it indicates there is no historical tick data available.

You can enable 'Store real-time bar data' at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab. That way all incoming real-time bar data will be saved in the database. So all incoming real-time tick data will be saved in your database and will be displayed as historical data in future sessions.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,
          I did have 'Store real-time bar data' enabled and I did have data between those dates(oct11,2010 and nov 11, 2010). Now looks like I lost it because of a minor mistake.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes