Data Feed Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Feed Confusion

I am thoroughly confused about data feeds and supported exchanges. I have connected to my futures broker data (Vision Financial), but I also want ETF and SPDR symbols, so I connected to YAHOO and then Kinetick (free end of day). When I search in the instrument manager for symbols like XLY I can't find them. XLY is on the NYSE so this is not exotic. What is the deal? Tradestation has all these symbols, so why not NT?

I will sign up for paid Kinetick feeds if I see they support all the symbols I want. XRT or EEM is another example.

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

First off do you need just daily charts for these symbols updated at the end of the day or do you need live data?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

First I need just end-of-day (daily) data via the free Kinetick data feed. Once that works, I can then switch to NT and Kinetick/Interactive Brokers from Tradestation. In short, I want to test and see my expected charts before I make the account change.

I checked on Kinetick's web site that "SPY" and "UKK" are supported by them.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

First off do you need just daily charts for these symbols updated at the end of the day or do you need live data?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello,

Ok you can get daily data from either the yahoo connection or kinetick free. If it was me I would disconnect from yahoo and just use kinetick.

Now you will need to add these instruments to the instrument manager. We only add the common stocks. all other stocks will need to be added manually.

The on the fly mapping method of doing this is the easiest.

Please open a daily chart of AAPL how you normally would File->New->Chart.

Now verify you have data, now just start typing on the keyboard the symbol of the ETF you want to pull up then enter.. Type SPDR and hit enter and this will create the instrument automatically in the instrument manager and should allow you to bring the data up from kinetick.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Mizzouman1  
        Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post i019945nj