Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

save indicators settings in a template

hi,

Is it possible to save a chart template for a chart with added indicators and save some specific values for the parameters of this indicators in the chart template?

I have tried to save the chart template, but it keeps in the template which indicators the chart must have but the template doesn´t keep the values for the parameters of these indicators, it gives to the parameters the default values.

Thanks

Hi,

After you have set up your chart with your indicators, have you tried saving the chart as Default? Then close the chart and open up a new chart.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, I haven´t tried that. But in case that works, if I open two 5 min charts, they will open with the same indicators, and with the same value for those indicators, the ones I used when saved the chart as default, so I will have to reconfig one of the charts.

Is there any way to open, let's say, two 5 min charts and apply to one chart one previously saved configuration with indicators and specific values for the parameters of those indicators in that chart and a different config to the other chart and avoid having to review and set all the parameters for each indicator in each chart?

Comment

Hi,

Try saving your charts after setting them up. Then save it as a workspace as well.

See here for more info on workspaces:
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I create a new workspace were I create all charts I need, I add the indicators to each chart and set the proper values for those indicators, then I save each set up in each dialog as a template and save the workspace, but when I start each day, I open the workspace, and all the charts show up with the indicators that each chart should have, but the values for the parameters of these indicators are the default values, so I have to go chart by chart and resetting the values of all indicators. Is there any way to avoid this?

I cannot save the chart as default because I have charts in the same timeframe for different instrument and with different indicators.

Comment

Hello,

These settings should save as well to the workspace. Please send a note to support using the Control Center->Help->Mail To Support and put ATTN: Brett in the subject line so I can check a few things in your trace file. Make sure to reference this forum post and make sure your workspace and trace and log files are checked.

Also, please let me know what anti virus you are using.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Saving the chart as a template does not save its associated indicators -- or at least I have not figured out how do do that. Save as template does not offer any options so how might one package the associated indicators in a single zip file?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums!

The chart template should be saving all of the indicators settings and properties you have configured in the chart. It will not save the actual indicator code itself, however this can be packaged and distributed.

Please review our Distribution Procedure for more information:

1. Locate your base .zip distribution package
                2. Open the .zip
                3. Create a new directory called "templates" without the quotes
                4. Navigate into the "templates" directory and create another new directory called "Chart"
                5. Navigate into the "Chart" directory. Copy the .xml chart templates you wish to distribute from My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates\Chart to this directory in the .zip
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post bill2023  
                Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes