Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT + TS external data feed not working

hello,

we created a 5 min chart in TradeStation using symbol KCZ10 which is Dec 2010 Coffee. We then applied the NTExternalFeed EL code to the chart to try and get the TS data feeding into NT platform. But we cant get it to work. All other TS markets are fine like sugar, nat gas, emini s&p 500, etc.

Is this a bug? Or can someone from Ninja tell us what we are doing wrong?

there is the letters KC next to "external" in the "instrument list" "misc" box.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rod

Hi Rod, can you please also try mapping to the KC|12-10 individual contract in NT? Would that work better then? Please restart NT fresh after the map change.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand, thank you for your reply. I did what you recommended but that did not work either. Is it possible that someone from Ninja Trader could try and duplicate this problem in-house using TradeStation, and then if it is a bug then try and get a fix in then next build due out soon?

Comment

Rod, I would unfortunately not be able to test here as my account does not have the realtime data for KC on the Nybot, with delayed it's not possible to test. Would you mind contacting me at support at ninjatrader dot com with your credentials, then I'm happy to give a run over here.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Bertrand, regarding our problem we sent you an email as you requested that lists our credentials. Just to let you know that because we can't get Tradestation price data feeding into NT platform (for TradeStation symbol KCZ10 on a "5 minute" or "daily" time chart interval) we therefore cant do any "paper trading" using the 101 simulation account in NT for the coffee futures market, using a TS 8.7 + NT DLL method auto trading set-up. We are applying the "NTExternalFeed" TradeStation EasyLanguage strategy code to the KCZ10 5-minute chart in TradeStation 8.7 (build 3085) to try and get the price data feeding into the NT platform but it will not work at all. All other symbols work fine. Please let us know if you can duplicate this problem on your computer? thanks in advance. regards Rod.

Comment

Hi Rod, sure will look into - could you please resend the email to support at ninjatrader dot com? I didn't see it coming so far - thanks.

Comment

does one of the other ninja customer service reps have a live NYBOT (ICE) data feed within TradeStation, if so maybe they could duplicate our problem on their computer.

If not, surely the Ninja development department at head office would have a live NYBOT data feed subscription for TradeStation???

Comment

Rod, please see the email reply I sent to you - unfortunately we would not have a subscription to test live KC data - if you can provide your login I can test this for sure for you and see if I can reproduce.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post PaulMohn  
                Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                1 response
                0 likes