Turning of Auto Scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning of Auto Scale

I have a new chart I setup in NT7. It has 3 data series. All the same security. The intervals are 1, 5, and 15 from top to bottom.

I get rescale the chart so that y-axis grid lines are every 5 minutes and I can see a 5, 3 pixel 1 minute bars perfectly. This allows me to look at all 3 time frames in the same chart and make sense of it.

Whenever I reload data or change the symbol, the scaling gets all messed up and I have to reset it all. It changes my bar sizes, scaling, and so forth. Even after I save it as a template.

Is there anyway to lock the scaling that I've setup in place. I want all my charts to display with the same time scaling. Price scaling along "Y" is fine. But I don't want the "X" scaling changing all the time.

Also, is there anyway to prevent NT7 from adjusting my bar size and spacing whenever I manually drag the x-axis to adjust my scale. I don't want it changing my bar size. I want to set my bar size and lock it, regardless of the scale it's on.
    Last edited by arkeo; 11-17-2010, 10:05 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

First off, Can you please let me know what version of NinjaTrader you are using this is located in the Control Center under Help->About and is to the right of the NinjaTrader logo.

Also, are you saying that when you change the scale to fixed mode its settings are not remaining. You know a chart is in fixed mode by the F in the top right hand corner of the chart. Please let me know if you do not see this F.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I am using NT7. (7.0.0.23)

It's not the Y-Axis scaling that is the issue. Sorry, I got that wrong in the first question. It's the X-Axis. I want my candle sizes and spacing to remain what I've set them at as I adjust the scale.

I guess I can live with it. I just don't like it's default scaling I suppose.

Comment

Hello,

Ah I see what your asking, when you adjust the x axis the bar size changes. This is actually expected unfortunately as this is how it is currently designed and NinjaTrader 6.5 worked in this same fashion.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

but is there any way to lock the time axis, such as fixing the price axis?
          Last edited by jupiejupe; 11-21-2010, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Hello jupiejupe

The time axis can be manually adjusted but cannot be locked. It will be auto-scaled as more or less data is viewable in the chart window.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
            ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i think locked is was not the right word, "limited too" or "fix - to a set duration of time such as 20 or 30mins" it's not the auto updating that is the problem it's the mere random chart rescaling that is the issue.

when i set my chart bar size why in the heck would i want that to change because i zoom in or out of the time frame (cntrl up/down arrow) because i want my data series to not change nor do i want the time frame in which i was originally looking at to change when i go back. i want my default chart set up of my saved workspace to stay the same. this is my comfort view of the market.

Comment

Hello,

I will forward to development for there considerations.

However as it stands anytime you zoom the chart axis what occurs is that the bar spacing is shrunk and the bar width is shrunk as well thus making more bars visable on the chart.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

"I will forward to development for there considerations."
                  thanks

"However as it stands anytime you zoom the chart axis what occurs is that the bar spacing is shrunk and the bar width is shrunk as well thus making more bars visable on the chart."
                  Yes yes, zoom in and out it fine, it's the return to the workspace/chart default that is the problem, both the time (x axis), and bar width are the problem. if you take the time to look at any post concerning the time axis(x axis) you will see this is the issue with charting the time axis. we spend hours getting our workspaces to our very personal layout, and any change in the chart this view preference is altered, which is beyond frustrating. as i am not a programmer i can't say but it think the time scale of a chart and the bar width that is saved to a workspace is paramount THIS is the default view and is a button click away.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                  Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick