Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Data Providers

[NT 7 RC1 - Win7 x64]

I use Interactive Brokers, but they only provide data for the past year. I can connect to Kinetick EOD and IB, then turn off historical data from IB. When doing that, if I load a chart it will automatically use IB for anything under day bars and Kinetick for anything over.

Is it possible to change this behavior, so that I can use data from both on a single chart? For example, I could load a daily chart and it would plot today's data against IB and everything before that from Kinetick (or everything from this year from IB and anything before that would be Kinetick)?

I have the same question about writing indicators. Can I tell it which connection to use when obtaining data? I'm planning to write a 52 week high indicator for the Market Analyzer, but to do that I need to grab today's high from IB and every other high from Kinetick.

Thanks!

Hello rlange,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader will use data from the first connection it finds that data available from and will check in the order which you connected.

That said, I will forward your comments and suggestions on to my development team for further consideration as a future addition.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ageeholdings, 05-01-2024, 05:22 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ageeholdings  
    Started by reynoldsn, Today, 02:34 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes