Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Broker re-set their servers each day - shut down NT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broker re-set their servers each day - shut down NT?

Hello,

We wish to use the TS + NT DLL method + MF Global broker. MF Global uses PatSystems and they re-set their servers once each day at 4:30 pm. Straight after they re-set their servers do we have to completely close down the NT platform and then re-open it back up again (note: we dont want to have to do this) or can we just click "disconnect" and then click "connect" in NT and this will deal with the broker re-set servers situation?

Based on our fully automated trading set-up we would prefer to just disconnect and then re-connect NT to broker server straight after broker re-sets their servers, will this deal with the "broker re-set their servers daily" issue properly for LIVE trading?

thanks in advance.

Regards

Rod

Look at AutoIt3 - it can do magic for you. Based on my experience so far - NT support will simply ignore your requests and do nothing about it.

Comment

thanks for this. we use something similar which is a program called "MacroExpress". We still need to know from Ninja staff if we have to shut down and re-start NT, or just a NT disconnect and re-connect (from broker's Server) sufficient to handle the broker re-set server daily issue?

Comment

Hi Rod, if you're connected while the server reset occurs > you would need to restart NT unfortunately and reconnect manually then.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand, thank you for your reply. Does this mean that within the NT platform (under File tab) I can click "disconnect" 1 minute before the broker re-sets its servers (say broker re-sets its servers each day at 4pm) and then click "connect" 1 minute after broker has finished re-setting its servers? And would doing it this way allow me to avoid shutting down the entire NT platform and then re-starting NT platform after the broker has finished re-setting its servers each day? Thanks in advance. Regards, Rod.

Comment

Hi Rod, I just tested for you on my end and unfortunately this is not the case, a restart of the platform is needed to reconnect - only if you regularly lost connection (for example for 1 min due to ISP issues) during regular trading hours, then the PATS API would attempt to reconnect automatically - this would be the same on NT 6.5 and 7.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just called MF Global and they told me that server maintenance is between 4:30 pm and 5:00 pm central time. During this time they said I cant connect NT platform to the broker's server. Given these times will I be able to connect NT to broker server at say 4:59 pm so as then I can place orders right on the open at 5:00 pm for the currency futures?

Comment

Hello,

This would be up to when MF Global finishes there server reset. It would think it would most likely be possible though.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

thanks for you reply. I called MF GLobal broker again and they said that I will just about always be able to connect NT to broker server just before 5 pm central time, so as I can place trades on the Jap Yen futures for example right on the open at 5pm. Has any other traders on this forum that uses the NT + MF Global set-up not been able to connect to broker server just before 5pm central time (chicago exchange time)?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post funk10101  
                  Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jeronymite