Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Auto trail" stops question

Hello,

I intend to use NT with Interactive Brokers. I would like NT to send an entry order with a trailing stop loss. I plan to use the NT "Auto trail" stop loss within the bracket order.

Interactive Brokers have a trailing stop themselves, which eliminates the need for my PC to be constantly connected to the internet for a PC-side trailing stop.

Am I correct in assuming that the "Auto trail" stop type sends a server side trail stop order to IB as mentioned - and is not a stop type that is reliant on my PC?

Thanks, Alex

Another Question about orders held on PC

Also is there a way to know for sure which orders are held locally on my PC versus orders submitted directly to the exchanges servers?

Comment

There should be a little green 'so' icon indicating simulated orders when you use them on the SuperDOM. I believe the Auto Trail feature itself is run through NinjaTrader and not the brokerage because it constantly adjusts your stop-loss levels. You will need NinjaTrader open during the order's lifespan.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_JoshP; 10-06-2007, 02:09 PM.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Mr. Lucky1x:

The resting locations of your orders are dependant on several variables including broker, order type and exchange type.

It is first important to understand NinjaTrader Order Status types:

PENDING - Order submitted
        REJECTED - Order rejected
        CANCELLING - Cancel requested but not confirmed
        CANCELLED - Cancel confirmed
        FILLED- Order filled
        ACP_BKR - Accepted at broker
        ACP_XCHG - Accepted at exchange

ACP_BKR (light blue color in DOM) and ACP_XCHG (green color in DOM) are the two states we need to be concerned with to determine order resting location. Whenever an order is ACP_XCHG it means the order is resting at the exchange. Should anything happen to your PC or internet connection your order is still alive and working.

If an order is ACP_BKR it can mean several things.

For Patsystems -

It means the order is synthetic and the order is resting on your PC. If your PC crashes or your internet connection goes down, this order will be lost.

For Interactive Brokers and MB Trading -

It means the order is resting on the broker's order server. If your PC crashes or your internet connection goes down, this order is still alive at the broker. If the broker's servers go down, then the order is not active and potentially lost.

How do I know which order types will receive an ACP_XCHG (resting at the exchange) state?

This is dependant on the exchange itself and what order types they choose to support as native exchange order types. For example, all stop order types on ECBOT are NOT exchange supported where GLOBEX stop order types are.
        RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by traderqz, Today, 09:44 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes