QCollector Setup for NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QCollector Setup for NT

I've just purchased QCollector (using IQFeed) in order to maitain my historical database. I've searched this forum and the mechtrading.com website looking for setup instructions. Does anyone know where I can find the specifics for QCollector setup?

Thanks,

Rod

Hello Rod,

Unfortunately, I do not know where to find such information. I suggest to contact IQFeed Support regarding your inquiry.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason,

I've found a link on the mechtrading.com website the gives the specifics for the setup of QCollector Expert so that the output file can be used by NT. That may actually be the question I have. What format do I need the data to be in so that I can inport it into NT and update my database and where can I find that information?

Thanks,

Rod

Comment

Please see the link below.

Comment

Thanks Jason

Comment

QCollector for DTN IQFeed vs. QCollector Expert

I assumed that QCollector for DTN IQFeed would download data from DTN IQFeed and create a file that is useable by NT. On the mechtrading.com website there is detailed information on how to setup QCollector Expert (for use with eSignal, QCharts, and FutureSource) which creates a file that can be read by NT. The file is semicolon delimited. In the setup boxes for QCollector for DTN IQFeed, which I have, there is no option to create semicolon delimited files - only comma, space, and tab options. Is anyone using QCollector for DTN IQFeed to successfully retrieve historical data from DTN IQFeed or is anyone using QCollector Expert and IQFeed successfully? I've requested information about this issue to support at mechtrading.com and received no response.

Thanks,
            Rod

Comment

Hello Rod,

Please see the link below for instructions and more information regarding QCollector and importing historical data into NinjaTrader.

Comment

QCollector for DTN IQFeed vs. QCollector Expert

Hello Jason,

What the link tells you is how to create a file that is semicolon delimited using QCollector Expert. QCollector Expert doesn't list IQFeed as a data source that it will work with. I'm using IQFeed so I purchased QCollector for DTN IQFeed. I can't find any option in QCollector for DTN IQFeed to create semicolon delimited files. I'm asking if anyone is using QCollector for DTN IQFeed to successfully retrieve historical data from DTN IQFeed and import it into NT and if so how is it done. I've seen mention of QCollector several times in the forums but can't find any specific reference to which program (QCollector Expert or QCollector for DTN IQFeed) is being used withIQFeed data.

Thanks,
                Rod

Comment

I see. I suggest to check with DTN IQFeed if their QCollector can create semicolon delimited files.

Comment

Hello Jason,

I have checked with DTN IQFeed. The tech support person I spoke to just has the information that QCollector (created by a group called mechtrading) can be used to retrieve IQFeed historical data. He had a copy of QCollector for DTN IQFeed and had the same problem that I had. No ability to create semicolon delimited files.

Thanks,
                    Rod

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have QCollector on my end to test it.

During what instruction do you get stuck under 'Step 2' at the link below?

I suggest to contact TradeWorks Software (www.mechtrading.com) support with this information and they should be able to asisst you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post PaulMohn  
                      Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes