NT7 RC1 Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 RC1 Crashing

On Version 7.0.0.23. It seems to be having a problem with an indicator all of a sudden, but that indicator has not changed in months. I even loaded the indicator in the NT editor and successfully recompiled that indicator, but NT still crashes when I try to load a chart template with that indicator. Here are the last lines in the trace file.

2010-11-26 10:39:09:437 Hiding splash...
    2010-11-26 10:39:09:439 Setting global sim mode...
    2010-11-26 10:39:09:891 Setting ATI...
    2010-11-26 10:39:09:892 Starting messages timer...
    2010-11-26 10:39:09:892 Starting news timer...
    2010-11-26 10:39:09:892 Activating hot keys
    2010-11-26 10:39:09:893 ApplicationStart done, took 8.8 secs
    2010-11-26 10:39:09:895 Creating CC...
    2010-11-26 10:39:16:375 Showing CC...
    2010-11-26 10:39:16:462 CC created
    2010-11-26 10:39:16:463 Menu item created
    2010-11-26 10:39:16:598 Opened workspace 'C:\Users\jgaston\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces\Untitled1.xml'
    2010-11-26 10:39:16:612 Switched workspace 'C:\Users\jgaston\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces\Untitled1.xml'
    2010-11-26 10:40:18:091 Code.Editor.OnLoad: Failed to reference 'NinjaTrader.Custom, Version=7.0.0.23, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null': System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyNa me assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
    at NinjaTrader.Code.Editor.OnLoad(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    2010-11-26 10:41:17:510 ERROR: Failed to restore indicator 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.A1BarCountdown'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this indicator no longer is there.

monpere, the first error message you can safely ignore. Can you load the custom indicator on a regular chart if the template is not involved?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      monpere, the first error message you can safely ignore. Can you load the custom indicator on a regular chart if the template is not involved?
      It looks like it is a problem with the chart template. I notice that this happens a lot, for no apparent reason, a template will stop working and crash NT when the template is being applied to the chart. Why does this happen to templates that were not changed by the user? I think there must be a bug that occasionally corrupts the templates. That should never happen because once a user saves the template, there should be no reason for NT to update that template. And furthermore, why would a corrupt template crash NT? The templates are XML text files, why isn't the code validating the XML data as it is being parsed before trying to apply it? That is the proper way to apply user customization data in all commercial programming. You cannot trust user data will be correct.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback, a crash might corrupt applied chart templates and / or workspace files that contain / call them - would you mind providing me the workspace, template and indicator so we could look into closer?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Thanks for your feedback, a crash might corrupt applied chart templates and / or workspace files that contain / call them - would you mind providing me the workspace, template and indicator so we could look into closer?

Thanks,
          I recreated the template to fix the issue. I no longer have the corrupted chart template. A crash can only corrupt a template or workspace file, only if the code is holding that file open in write mode during the crash. To apply template/workspace data properly, the code should open the template file or workspace file in read only, and close the file immediately upon applying the data from the file, in this case a crash whould not affect the data in the template file.

Comment

Could it have been applied to a hidden workspace? If it was not opend / applied to any of your charts, then I could unfortunately not explain why the corruption occurred on your end, please let me know in case you see it again.

Thanks,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Christopher_R  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            166 responses