Email and logs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email and logs

I have a problem where I use the email interface for my strategy to send out alerts via email. This works just great, the problem is that NT has certain log events that it has decided should go out the email interface, now that I have one configured. So it sends annoying messages if the broker data goes down and I can't load some historical data for a few minutes. I don't want these messages. I only want messages that I send via "SendMail". How do I fix this?

tradetree, do you have your email also entered under Tools > Options > Misc for the alerts copies? Try removing this entry and leave it blank.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It wasn't clear what that did, but I got it now. Thanks.

Comment

I am not sure what has broken, but I am not getting my strategy emails now. I speculate it may be because the strategy is in a workspace that is not the "main" workspace? Is that possible? I closed the another workspace and now I get emails. Or is this a bug?

Comment

No, that should not matter tradetree, the strategies tab and applied strategies are across workspaces. Did you notice any log errors in your Control Center?

Comment

No errors, but I also noted that it does not log emails going out, unless it is a test email manually sent. The strategy emails do not get logged. The test emails always work, and some of the strategy emails go out, I just can't rely on them.

Comment

First thing I would do is adding prints to check if the condition to sent the email hits everytime that you expect it to hit - next : what kind of email account do you use? Is this a free one that would have for example a block to only login / out with Pop3 access every x minutes or so?

Comment

Good questions, but I already pursued them. For one, I have a paid email provider and my own domain, so no issue with frequency of connections. For two, I do print out when I am sending an email and I've seen it print to the strategy output window but not result in an email. Three, I've tried sending test emails from the NT GUI for configuration, and I always get them. Four, I do not see errors that relate to email in the logs. It would be nice to be a able to get logs for successful as well as failed email sends.

Comment

How often is your strategy sending out emails? Extremely frequently like every tick?
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, only about once a day, or sometimes even just once per week. They are swing trading notices.

Comment

Can you please try creating yourself a very very basic test strategy and see what happens in real-time with real data?

Code:
                      if (Historical)
                           return;
                      else if (sentMail == false)
                      {
                           SendMail("[email protected]", "[email protected]", "Test", "TestEmail");
                           sendMail = true;
                      }
                      We want to eliminate all other factors out of the strategy and boil it completely down to the SendMail on your machine.
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                      Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes