ATM profit target not triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM profit target not triggering

I have just re-subscribed to Ninja to try and use the ATM for futures trading. I have tried a simple ATM strategy of 3 PT's, Stop, and move stop to BE. In trying it out in my demo account (not SIM 101), the price went through the PT's on several occasions without a trade triggered.

Also, when I manually moved one PT down just to see if I could force a trade, it did trade but couldn't see any logic of why. Price was well above the PT prior to move down.

Separate issue: Does using the ATM and a live automated strategy in a separate chart but same instrument potentially cause NT to crash? (NT 7.0.0.23) After mine crashed, the ATM seemed to be intact on reboot. Is it still intact? Is this expected after a crash? (Of course the automated strategy was not and I had to exit that position.) When I say crash, I mean "program not responding" message.

Another question is the cash register sound. What triggers that?

thanks.
    Last edited by billr; 11-29-2010, 02:39 AM.

Hello billr,

Can you please tell me what demo account you traded. Did you use a NinjaTrader demo account or a demo account provided by your broker?

Using an ATM strategy and an automated strategy should not cause a crash. Are you able to reproduce the issue if you enable an automated strategy and ATM strategy simultaneously?

It is as expected that your ATM strategy is intact. Your ATM orders reside at the broker/exchange.

In addition, the cash register sound is triggered by the AutoBreakeven and Auto Trail.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason. The demo account was provided by the broker (MBT). The stops function, but the profit targets do not.

I cannot reproduce the crash by simply enabling the strategy and ATM trading. I was just wondering if this would contribute to NT crashing. NT has always seemed to be fragile under any pressure. By pressure I mean a fast market, or any load of interactive computing such as data downloads, order processing, etc. So I try to identify any factors that contribute to a potential crash and avoid if possible. An example is the forex rollover period. Or running strategy analyzer. Always prone to crash. I was wondering if I should at ATM to that list.

Comment

Regarding the failure of profit targets to fill in ATM, I am also noticing a failure of Limit Entries to fill also even if the price drifts right past them. If the order is placed exactly at the limit price it seems to fill, if not, they don't seem to fill. I am trying several combinations, Buy Bid/Ask, Sell Bid/Ask.

Market orders work apparently. Limits have problems. Any ideas what is happening? If the limits don't work or delay, the ATM is useless for the most part.

Comment

Hello billr,

Please note that execution is done at the broker when trading the broker's demo account. We do not have any control on this. We submit the order at the price you defined to your broker and the order is executed from there. I suggest to contact your broker for clarification why orders do not fill.

NinjaTrader can become unresponsive, however there are multiple aspects that play a role, such as market volatility, PC hardware, amount of opened NinjaTrader windows, amount of indicators and the way they are coded, etc.

Please see the link below for suggestions to improve the performance of NinjaTrader.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes