hosted PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hosted PC?

I am not sure if this is the correct area but was close as I could find.

Scenario:
    I am offshore and have a slower connection. This is not good for some trades I do. One possible solution is to host the windows pc at a hosting facility with higher bandwidth. I can connect to the PC using remote desktop, citirx, or some other solution.

Ninja question: The PC will be able to run faster than I can receive the displays sometimes. Will the hosted PC run at top speed or will it wait for some type of I/O confirmation of the display of the charts? I am not worried about actually seeing the data or charts I just want to know my strategy is running as fast as it can.

If Ninja waits for some type of ack back from a write to display from the remote pc or until the video card memory is available i don't think it will work.

Any comments from the experts? I hope my question makes sense.

Regards

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

If you run NinjaTrader locally on the hosted PC NinjaTrader will not wait for the remote PC to talk back to it. It will execute its orders and such in real-time, as fast as possible that machine, connection, and current market conditions will allow.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh

YEAH! You made my day. So if I used something like microsloth remote desktop I would connect and start my strategy but understand my actual display may be behind the actual current display.

What is important is the remote pc where ninja is running will run at top speed.

Is Ninja microsloth server friendly? It is not a issue but thought I would ask.

Cliff

Comment

I am unfamiliar with Microsloth, but if it is like most other remote desktop application it will not impact the speed of NinjaTrader running remotely.

On your computer (the one not running NinjaTrader) you will most likely be seeing delays, but on the actual host computer NinjaTrader will run in tip-top shape.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Double Yeah!

Cheers

Cliff

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes