Market Replay Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Problems

Whenever I use Market Replay it always seems to give me hassles. Firstly, if I stop and rewind, I usually end up losing all the draw objects on my charts (which is usually a lot!) I'll redraw them, but my old ones will mysteriously show up sometime later, which makes for a huge mess.

My second problem is today after using Market Replay, I reconnected to my original data feed (ZenFire) and the data for the day I was replaying (11/30) is gone. I went to Historical Data Manager > Edit and erased the 11/30 file and reconnected to ZenFire, which usually works fill in gaps in my charts, but not today. After I did that, then the day before it (11/29) was gone along with 11/30. I went to Download the data and I got the message saying that Ninjatrader has detected a problem and needs to shut down etc.

So, how can I keep from having my lines disappear during Market Replay? How can I recover my 11/29 and 11/30 data? And where should I send the trace file for this last NT crash?

Okay, I recovered my 11/29 and 11/30 data so disregard question 2, but questions 1 and 3 still apply

Comment

Hello BrandonLG83,

Thank you for your post,

Can you please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you currently have installed which can be found under Help-->About.

I look forward to assisting you further with this issue.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm using 64-bit 7.0.0.23

Comment

I have been able to reproduce this on my end. I will need to forward this to our development team and will follow up with you as soon as I gather additional information.

Than kyou for your patience.

Comment

Ok, great, thanks for you time.

Comment

After speaking with our development team this is expected behavior. Once you have moved the anchor points out of view by rewinding this will delete the drawing objects from your chart. Unfortunately there is not an option to keep these items however I will forward this note to development as a possible future product enhancement.

Comment

Ok, thanks for taking the time to do that. It would certainly be beneficial if development can fix this, as Market Replay's main function (at least for myself) is to backtest various theories which is very painstaking and time-consuming in itself. Add to this an unnecessary hassle such as redrawing lines each time I rewind, can drive a trader to madness!

Thanks for your time

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes