Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why can't NT7 put the date on the 1st bar of the day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't NT7 put the date on the 1st bar of the day?

Why doesn't NT7 put the date on the first bar of the day? For example, if I open a 5 min chart for ES 12-10, it puts today's date (12/1) on the 10:00 bar! Why can't it put the date where it should be, on the 09:35 bar? I am using session template "use instrument settings".

This never used to happen in NT6.5.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dkmtrader; 12-01-2010, 06:11 PM.

Hello dkmtrader

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader 7 will plot the date on the first bar. However this will depend upon such things as the session template that you have applied, the scaling of the data series (how much data is visible in the chart window at any given time), bar spacing, etc.

Please see the screenshot for an example of a 5 minute ES 12-10 chart with the ‘Default 24/7’ session template applied.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Attached Files
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chip View Post
      Hello dkmtrader

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader 7 will plot the date on the first bar. However this will depend upon such things as the session template that you have applied, the scaling of the data series (how much data is visible in the chart window at any given time), bar spacing, etc.

Please see the screenshot for an example of a 5 minute ES 12-10 chart with the ‘Default 24/7’ session template applied.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
      The date belongs on the first bar of the chart where data passes from one date to the next, not several bars after the fact. If I have a chart that displays data for normal market hours, 09:30 to 16:15, the date should be on the 09:35 bar. Printing the date at some arbitrary bar dependant upon session template, scaling of the date series, bar spacing etc. makes no sense at all. This never happened on NT6.5. Can this be fixed?

Comment

dkmtrader,

The session break defines the dated marker - your session template defines when the session breaks.

To view the times used in a session template, click Tools > Session Manager, then select the template you're using. If you need to see the date plot at midnight, you'll need to configure an appropriate session template.

For more information about session templates: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...on_manager.htm
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          dkmtrader,
          ..., you'll need to configure an appropriate session template.
          Thank you for the guidance. I opened the Session manager, made a session template with the session time set to 09:30 to 4:15 pm Monday to Friday, set the time zone to UTC-5 (EST) which matches my pc clock, saved the session template, applied the template to my chart and STILL the datestamp appears at 10:00, not 09:35.

It appears that the programmer decided to put the datestamp at the first vertical grid line, which on the attached chart is at 10:00. If I expand the chart the vertical grid lines represent shorter intervals of time and the datestamp remains at the first grid line.

It is confusing to have the datestamp anywhere except on the first bar of the session. Can this be done?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by dkmtrader; 12-03-2010, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Unfortuantely there is not an option to change the timestamping to the opening of the bar at this time within NinjaTrader. I will however forward this to our develpment team for future considerations.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
              Unfortuantely there is not an option to change the timestamping to the opening of the bar at this time within NinjaTrader. I will however forward this to our develpment team for future considerations.
              This is NOT what I am asking for. I am suggesting that the DATE stamp is put on the FIRST bar of any session instead of being aligned with the first vertical grid line.

Comment

I apologize for the confusion. I see what you are referring to and unfortuantely this is not supported at this time. I will forward this note to development as well.
                Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post quantismo  
                Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes