Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

HELP: Current ES trader trying to get into Forex trading......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP: Current ES trader trying to get into Forex trading......

Let me first introduce myself.... my name is Mike. I have been SIM trading the ES dail for just over a year now. I feel that I have a strong and solid understanding of the market as well as Price Action and Patterns. As Price action and certain patterns that form are all that I trade. Anyways, I have just recently started studying and reading all that I can on articles and Forums on various sites to try and get a good understanding of how the Forex Markets opperate. I have compiled a list of questions that I need some help answering and any feedback is greatly appreciated. So I guess I will begin with the First os twelve.... QUESTIONS: 1. When we say 1 Pip, does that move up or down Equal the same type/distance of a move as say a 1 Tick move in the ES ? 2. What is a reasonable recommended amount of Capital when starting out and trying to make on a Daily average between $50 - $100 ? 3. Concerning Stops and Targets trading Forex.... I'm so use to trading the ES, so I am wondering that within Forex trading say I am shooing for a minimum of 2:1 - 3:1 Profit/Loss ratio on each trade that I enter. Given the average Pullback in Forex ( depending on which Pair you are Trading ), What is a reasonable Stop Loss to use upon Entry of a trade as to NOT get stopped out constantly due to the normal pullback/fluctuations within the Forex Market ?? 4. What is a reasonable / Average move in Pips that the 3 major Currency Pairs move on a given Day ?? 5. If I currently use a 15,000 and 25,000 Volume charts to trade the ES, what in the Forex market would be the equivalent Time Frame to use ?? 6. What are the perferred Time Frame(s) that most traders use to trade Forex ?? 7, Do you enter trades in Forex as you do in Futures Markets regarding haveing 2 or more different targets and Stops ?? 8. What is the average Margin requirement that most Brokers require you to have in your account to use as Leverage ? ( 1%, 2%, 3% )?? 9. Whats the recommended Percent a newbie as myself should Risk MAX on each and every trade ?? 10. If using Margin to make a trade, what is the Max % one should use as your account increases by $500. EXAMPLE: start with $500, then account grows to $1000, then grows to $1500, etc... 11. What would be the top 3 Brokers that are most reliable and reputable that I could call and research to base my decision on of who to use. 12. Do all brokers offer SPOT Forex and is it wise to trade that way ?? What are some Brokers that offer a set / standard bid/ask spread of each and every transaction cost ?? Thats about it, I greatly appreciate all the replys and help as I am new to this and just learning the world of Forex. Thanks again - Mike

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post rocketman7  
Started by dustydbayer, Today, 01:59 AM