Collapse

Ib 906.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect we will be able to provide a custom solution before the cut off time. Please email me at support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: management and I will update you before the cutoff date.

-Brett

Comment

Cannot connect from NinjaTrader to TWS (InteractiveBrokers)

I have been using NT for months with IB. I did not have connectivity issues. I was able to log on to IB TWS, then invoke NT, then manually connect to IB because I unchecked auto run at start. (Even if I used auto start, there was no issues.) When the connection was made, some sound was signaled, the charts were then loaded/updated.

After I got that desupport message, I installed the most current version of TWS from IB. I am able to log on to the new TWS. Also make sure the configuration is correct for API.

Then I invoked NT, do the same procedure....I. The connection cannot be made. It keeps on asking me to log on to TWS again. I already did. I also tried to close the TWS I started, and then loggged on when prompted by NT. The prompt was generated multiple times...look like a loop. Eventually it says, failed to log on TWS because of time out.

I make sure everything I did was right.

Why can't I connect to TWS?

Comment

Hello,

We only support TWS 917 currently as in the current version of TWS there are some changes to logon from IB. Please use this version of IB TWS for now you can download it from here.

Also please see my post 104 is you have an FA account.

-Brett

Comment

Brett,

As promised, you provided a special version of NT7 that allows us to use Interactive Brokers build 921, the latest version. And as promised, you provided this on 12/28, before year's end.

I was able to try this on 12/29, and experienced no problems, either with login or the ability to select a specific sub-account.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards.

dwt__

Comment

Originally posted by dwt__ View Post
            Brett,

As promised, you provided a special version of NT7 that allows us to use Interactive Brokers build 921, the latest version. And as promised, you provided this on 12/28, before year's end.

I was able to try this on 12/29, and experienced no problems, either with login or the ability to select a specific sub-account.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards.

dwt__
            What! I am still wating for that special version, I have signed up the email to get that special build on 12/27. How do I get the special version, please...

Comment

Hello,

Please email support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Management in the subject line and we will immediately get the instructions to you.

-Brett

Comment

Now, about Version 7 Release 9 ??

Greetings:

Like everyone else I get the notice (every couple hours (?!)) of the upgrade to Release 9. But unlike nearly everyone else (save those with interest in this thread) I have that "special" version of Release 8 intended for Interactive Brokers Financial Advisor (FA) account holders. Two questions, then:
                • Should we upgrade to Release 9?
                • Will there be a "special" Release 9, an update to our special Release 8?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

dwt__

Comment

Hello,

Yes you can go ahead and update to release 9 which has these modifications built into it.

You would need to uninstall your version (Will NOT delete any custom settings or saved files).

Then you will be able to install the release 9.

-Brett

Comment

unbelievable

i would like to know the answer to one simple question.

what is the link to download the version of TWS that works with NT.

i just had my computer repaired, and had to replace the hard drive, so i have to set my system up anew.

honestly, get over yourselves and just give your customers a functioning system.

Comment

Link for IB download

Maisie,

The download link you need is www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrader/TWS/tws40_install_921_5.exe

It surprised me to find that the IB Installation Guide at http://www.ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGuides/Interactive-Brokers-Connection-Guide.php still refers to version 917.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

dwt__

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                      6 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post alifarahani  
                      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM