Problem with E-Mini Euro (E7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with E-Mini Euro (E7)

I have a problem when open an E-Mini Euro chart.

I have a Zen-Fire demo account.

I have carried out Reload Historical data.

I attach an image with the charts.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Federico, the E7 is unfortunately not tracked on our dataserver providing the backfill for your ZenFire connection - please try instead for example the 6E 12-10.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand.

Thank you for your answer.

I don't understand.

Tha data is not provided by Zen-Fire? Is provided by NinjaTrader servers?

This also occurs in live account?

Why I can use E-micro Euro, that is more recent than E-mini Euro?

Can you explain me how function the demo account with zen-fire?

Thank you again

Comment

Zenfire by itself does not offer historical data, as such we run a data server and allow our users to access it as a courtesy to backfill their charts - however unfortunately your E7 is not tracked on this dataserver, so you would need to collect the realtime data received yourself to fill your local database. Another option would be using another datafeed before connecting to ZenFire that would provider then the backfill data needed.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would add that the micros are extremely illiquid and are not suited for trading. The 6E large contract is quite big. The only alternative I see is to use OandA and trade forex until you can trade 125k comfortably and then switch back to futures (or not).

Comment

Hi cunparis.

Thank you for your comment.

While E-micro euro have a low liquidity is an ideal way to start swing trading, or position if you desire, with a very low risk ($1,25 per tick per contract), especially if the size of account is small. Due to this low risk, will be able to place technical stops, that is the major problem when the size of an account is small. At the same time, can be trading intraday with other instruments with a low cost like NQ, YM or 6B.

Comment

Originally posted by Federico View Post
              Hi cunparis.

Thank you for your comment.

While E-micro euro have a low liquidity is an ideal way to start swing trading, or position if you desire, with a very low risk ($1,25 per tick per contract), especially if the size of account is small. Due to this low risk, will be able to place technical stops, that is the major problem when the size of an account is small. At the same time, can be trading intraday with other instruments with a low cost like NQ, YM or 6B.
              I agree, swing trading is the only way I'd touch that micro. And even then, you have commissions & slippage.

Are you consistently profitable on simulator with your swing trading euro? If so then testing it with real money on micro might make sense. if not profitable on simulator then you can save a lot of money bu trading on sim first.

I played with the oanda demo (sim) for a while practicing on euro. In the end I decided to focus on day trading as swing trading is pretty difficult right now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DanielTynera  
              Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
              9 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post yertle