Installing NT 7.0.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing NT 7.0.1

I upgraded my existing NT 7.23R1 installation last night to NT 7.0.1 on Windows 7 64-bit (no SP1). The installation went smoothly, however when I then dbl-clicked on my "NinjaTrader (64-bit)" desktop icon I was informed the corresponding file no longer existed and was prompted to delete the icon.

Navigating to C:\Program Files(x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64 I see the directory exists but is empty now (which is why the desktop shortcut was no longer valid.) I tried reinstalling NT 7.0.1 and was prompted to Repair/Remove, so selected the Repair option, which completed without further issues. However, the "64-bit" Ninja files are still gone.

I was able to start NinjaTrader successfully using the "regular" NinjaTrader7 desktop icon and my workspaces connect/load just fine. But I am curious whether I did something wrong or how to verify/obtain the 64-bit files to run on my system?

Many thanks,

-- Charles S. (charlessf)

Hi charlessf,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the forum.

Since the 64 bit installation files are not present can you please do an uninstall and re-install rather than a repair. This process will maintain your user settings but it should replace those 64 bit files.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
    1. Close all running applications.
    2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
    3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
    4. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files.This can be done by going to C:\Program Files(x86) and removing the NinjaTrader 7 folder.
    5. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
    6. Reboot your machine.
    7. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
      Download

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall. If not can you please forward an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your log and trace files.

Trace files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Trace-> trace.2010xxxx.txt
    Log files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.2010xxxx.txt

Also, please reference this forum post.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for the prompt response and guidance. I was able to successfully uninstall/reinstall Ninja7 and the 64-bit version is now running. There was some process or remnant on my system still accessing/locking something in the C:\Program Files(x86)\NinjaTrader7 folder, as after uninstalling, when I tried to manually delete the folder per your instructions, it failed. I then rebooted my system to clear everything (yes, I know, always good to do _before_ updating software!) then was able to continue from Step 4) and reinstalled the binaries completely.

Thank you for your assistance!

-- Charles S. (charlessf)

Comment

NT Backup has CRC errors

Greetings,

I did a complete clean install after backing up my NT files with the NT backup option. AND the folder in the Win7 'My Documents/" was renamed from 'NinjaTrader 7' to 'archiveOF_NT7' , plus I deleted the Program Files(x86) folder for NT7 after the uninstall in the ControlPanel.

After the successful install, neither the x64 or x86 of NT7.1 will restore the backup file and suggests that there are CRC errors. ....

Please advise what files in the NEW 'My Documents/NinjaTrader 7/' have to be kept so that I can just rename the archived copy of the NT7b23 version and re-use the old working files including my connection setups and templates etc.

Thanks,
        Jon

Comment

Hi Trader.Jon,

Since you renamed the previous My Documents folder you can rename that entire folder to replace the current one, and it should take the files in that folder and make those accessible as the user files in NinjaTrader 7.

However, since you did do a complete uninstall, I would recommend that from your archived folder you take the files in the workspaces, templates and db folders, which will restore your user chart setups as part of templates and workspaces, and then user data as part of the db folder, which is where the database is stored.
          Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes