Upgrade to version 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to version 7

I am currently a happy and fully paid user of 6.5.
    I have a few indicators that are quite complicated and took many months to code and many more months to refine and make more efficient.
    Can I assume that these will migrate over smoothly to the new version 7 or should I wait until late December when things are much slower expecting to have to "fix" them to work with the new version?

Also, are there any instructions on how to get existing settings into the new version on the main NT website or is it like other upgrades where you just install it over the exisiting?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hello 8DTK8,

Thank you for your post.

There are code breaking changes in NT7 which means not all 6.5 indicators are compatible with 7 right out of the box. Please see information here on getting your 6.5 indicators over into NT7 and then getting it to be NT7 compatible:

Please see the "Migrating NinjaScript" section.

You may download NinjaTrader 7 on the same PC as 6.5. NinjaTrader 7 will be a seperate installation and will not erase or affect NinjaTrader 6.5 at all however keep in mind you may only have on instance of NinjaTrader running at a time.

I have provided a link below where you may download NinjaTrader 7.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Code changes

8DTK8

intriguing name...
      If you were good enough to code originally the changes shouldn't cause you too much stress.
      Why not download NT7 and have a go but keep your 6.5 version until you are completely happy with your transition?
      Last edited by Mindset; 12-02-2010, 10:38 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Update and question

Thanks ChristopherJ and Mindset.

I've done everything successfully so far but have hit a wall.
        Install was fine. Export/Import didn't work, but doing it manually was fine.
        Opened an indicator as it says in the migration guide and pressed F5 and it gave me a bunch of errors that have nothing to do with my indicators.

Where do I find this NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs file that has all the problems and what do I do with it? (attached photo)

Thanks again.
        Attached Files

Comment

It turns out that it works if you remove the NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs file from the Custom folder in the NT7 Folder.

Everything compiles now, but it would be nice to know if removing that file will cause headaches in the future.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Comment

Same problem here...bug?

Comment

NinjaTrader Version 7 R1

I hope that I don't end up bloating this thread too much before the good folks who have more interesting things to do than upgrade to NT7 on a Saturday night get back.

I thought I had what was the most current build (because it says "current" on the download site, but I get lots of pop ups saying that "Version 7 R1 Released". Picture is attached.

Should I have downloaded a different version?

PS - I don't want to seem totally negative about this experience. Actually, the transition went very smoothly and it is completely working now that I have recreated my charts templates and workspaces. I like the new improvements a lot. Getting to select predefined sessions is fantastic. Really liking being able to set your own hot keys. And the backup that used to take 10 min in 6.5 took under 10 seconds in the 64-bit build. Looking forward to finding even more improvements.

WELL DONE and CONGRATULATIONS to everyone at NinjaTrader.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by 8DTK8; 12-04-2010, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Hello 8DTK8,

Can you please go to Control Center-->Help-->About and check if version 7.0.1000.1 (R1) is reflected.

If so, I suggest to disable the pop up message. Enable 'Don't show this message again' within the pop up message and click Ok. The pop up message should not recur anymore.

Thank you for your kind comments.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's version 7.0.1000.1 (Live) as seen in the screenshot.
                  It doesn't say R1, but I downloaded the build labeled current and the only other one listed was from a few months back.

I have disabled the message for now but am left wondering if I am using the latest.

PS - is there any way to get rid of the message that says that NT is:

"Unable to subscribe to market data: Please assign an additional exchage to this instrument in the Instrument Manager (stock symbol that I hold in the IB account NT connects to but that I don't want to have in NT) Default"

as seen in the second attachment?

Thanks again,
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Can you please tell me what instrument you are attempting to receive data for when you receive this error message.
                    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DynamicTest  
                    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes