Cannot connect to ib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot connect to ib

I am connected but when I try to submit an order for a futures contract I am getting an order rejected 201 error. IB has informed me that this is cause by the fact the NT7 is not sending the exchange parameters. In the instrument manager I have selected only the exchange to which I want to to send (Nymex) ... but im still getting the same error. Can you please advise?

Also, upon sending this order and getting this error, it has caused the price on my charts and strategies to FREEZE????? what is going on??

Hello nightriderx,

Thank you for your post.

Please go to Tools--> Instrument Manager--> Locate the Instrument you are having issues with and select "Edit". This will bring up the instrument editor.

From the Instrument Editor, please select the exchange that TWS is reporting from (Nymex) as well as the "Default" exchange.

Once you have both of these Exchanges selected, please press OK and then remove/readd this instrument to your instrument list.

Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.

* Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
    * Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
    * Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
    * Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.

Please let me know you continue to experience issues.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Added "default" and nymex... still freezing as soon as I select my IB account from the order entry tab

Comment

Did you install TWS 906 yet?

You should not experience these issues with the supported version of TWS 906.

Comment

yes. just installed 906. same exact thing...nothing changed. still freezing my charts and still getting orders rejects 201

and restarted my computer

Comment

nightriderx,

Can you please go to Help--> Mail to Support and send an email with "Attn: Matthew" in the subject line as well as a reference to this thread.

Also please make sure to attach your trace and log files to the mail to support form and I will review for further investigation.

Comment

tried...now im getting failed to send because host did not respond... woohooo another error! is there anything that actually works in NT??? beyond frustrated

Comment

nightriderx,

Please send an email to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with Attn: Matthew in the Subject line and a reference to this thread.

Please include your telephone number and a good date/time to reach you including your time zone.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes