Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simple Chart not plotting correctly in NT7 v1

Hi guys,

On my charts today, the bars for 6A 12-10 seem to be plotting incorrectly. My trades are being plotted outside the low of the bar, at the correct amount on the x-axis where the trades actually occurred.

See attached screenshots. Note that this is a real-money trade so the ticks have to be correct (I think!). Buy was at 0.9647 but the bar shows a High of 0.9664 and Low of 0.9656. So my trade is not within the parameters of the bar open/close or high/low amounts, and it plots outside of the bar at the correct number where the entry actually occurred. This happens whether I use tick charts, or minute charts.

Note that earlier today, a similar chart-plotting error was happening to the Close of the trade at 1:59pm PST, but after I did "Reload All Historical Data" a few times, the close of the trade corrected and is now plotted all right, but the Buy is still plotting incorrectly. I'll include screenshots taken earlier today where both trades were shown outside the bar.

Other questions:
    I have the Data Series for chart set to Default 24/7.
    Also, the Session Template in Instrument Manager for this instrument is set to Default 24/7.
    1. Which one overrules the other?
    2. This instrument (6A 12-10) closes at 2pm or 14:00 my local time and opens at 3pm or 15:00 my local time (PST). However, on the charts, the Session Break line is being automatically plotted at 9pm or 21:00 my local time.. (Ignore the 2nd vertical line that I enter manually at midnight.)
    3. How can I change the charts to show am/pm rather than 24-hr time on the charts?
    Attached Files

Hello LG,

Thank you for your post.

So that I can see what might be taking place in the background, please send us your log & trace files for one of the effected days.

You can find these in your (My) Documents folder at the file path:
    1. NinjaTrader 7 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
    2. NinjaTrader 7 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Please include a reference to this thread. You can email these files to support AT ninjatrader DOT com.

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
    172 responses