Collapse

Tracking Performance of Strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camdo, you make a good point. However, the set up work that is already in place would sure be nice to have at hand. Not only the trades, but all the other stats, equity curve, charts, period breakdowns etc. Yes, this is certainly possible in excel, but it seems like it would be so simple to filter only actual trade data into that existing format, I wonder why not do it that way? Short of that, it is either a report for backtesting, which is good, or a mixture of hypothetical and live trades, which is utterly useless as far as I can tell. My point is that why not use all the pre-built tools for real trading? After all, isn't the entire point of Ninja and everything related to using Ninja to facilitate actual trading? The performance tool would be a time saving way for NT users to have a built-in organized trading log.

So I guess to reiterate, I would like to suggest that development consider a setting that would filter only live trades segregated by strategy and instrument, each plugged into the existing Performance Report framework. Add a comment section for trade journaling, and you would have a fantastic tool.
    Last edited by billr; 05-19-2011, 11:25 PM.

Comment

good idea
      but right now even the real time trade performance report dont work properly at least when used on a strategy running live on the simulation account.

only way to do it is manually like camdoo said.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Filtering account performance by NinjaScript strategy has been assigned tracking id # 565.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post RubenCazorla  
        Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
        2 responses