Cost Basis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost Basis

My style of trading is scaling in and out of positions. While scaling in and out, I am trying to determine my overall cost basis and then have an absolute $ amount stop. I am a new user of NT and am having problems trying to find the overall cost basis of my positions.

I am going to go over an example of how I typically enter orders in the SuperDom.

I would enter 1 contract short at 1220 with no stop or profit, I would then enter a custom ATM stategy at 1222 with a stop very far away while looking for a profit target at 1220(esentially washing out my original 1220 entry leaving me short 1 contract from 1222). Once filled on the ATM strategy, my profit would show 100 dollars in the account performance box(group trades by ATM strategy) which is correct but when I look at the super dom, it shows me short 1 contract from 1221 as my average cost basis.

Essentially, I have to figure out real time what my overall cost basis from getting those small hits in conjunction to what I am currently holding of my contracts in respect to price. What is the best way to go about this?

Hello Jaro1980,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

You can set average price calculation mode to FIFO under tools > options. Then when scaling out, the first (or earliest) position opened is no longer used to calculate average cost.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thankyou very much. That was very helpful and did the trick.

I was also wondering if there was a way that when one ATm strategy was executed and filled, if there was a way that would automatically put in another ATM strategy identical to the one that was just executed.

For example, I have an atm strategy that shorts 1234 in the ES and am looking for a 4 pt gain and a 12 pt stop. Is there a way that after I get filled at 1230 at my profit target, that another ATM strategy would automatically put in another ATM strategy at 1234 with a 4 pt gain and 12 pt stop and would keep doing this indefenately until I got stopped out. Essentially this would be a range play that would occur over and over and keep hitting little profits in the range until the market stopped out or trended in the direction against the stop. Thanks.

Comment

Hello Jaro1980,

What you describe is possible, but custom programming would be required. If you are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code the project for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners....pt-Consultants
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
        0 responses