NT7 Not rolling over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Not rolling over

I"m trying to rollover the Futures ES contract. However when I hit reload data it is giving me the 12-10 contract still (even when the chart is set to 03-11). I use zenfire and tested it with NT 6.5 to see if it was a connection issue. It does display properly with NT 6.5.

Edit: I've noticed the superDom displays different prices for each contract, but making new charts they still stay the same
    Last edited by shazzmoe; 12-08-2010, 10:21 PM.

I believe I'm seeing the same thing. Until a trade happens, then i jump to 1228 from 1233.

I was wondering why I was seeing 1228 on ES #F

Originally posted by shazzmoe View Post
    I"m trying to rollover the Futures ES contract. However when I hit reload data it is giving me the 12-10 contract still (even when the chart is set to 03-11). I use zenfire and tested it with NT 6.5 to see if it was a connection issue. It does display properly with NT 6.5.

Edit: I've noticed the superDom displays different prices for each contract, but making new charts they still stay the same

Comment

Hello shazzmoe & sledge

You will need to make sure you are doing the following to rollover a futures contract:

1. Select the Tools menu within the Control Center followed by the Instrument Manager menu item
      2. Left mouse click on the expired contract in the list to the left within the Instrument Manager window
      3. Press the > button to remove the expired contract from the instrument list
      4. Press the < button to add the current contract to the instrument list

Please let me know if this issue persists.
      ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes I did that. I've rolled over contracts several times before without problems.

This one gets even stranger. Last night when the end date was set to 12/8/10 the new contract and old were identical. (both reflecting the old)

This morning, when the end date is set to 12/9/10 the chart deletes the trading from yesterday and ends at 12/7/10 (still displaying the old contract). when i click reload data it will flash the loading on the control center without issue. however the "Loading Data..." in the top right of the chart window just hangs there without the chart changing. Last night it did not do this but simply refreshed keeping the old data. This is ONLY and issue I'm having with NT7 6.5 works fine.

Comment

Bars from last day of ES 12-10 missing on chart

When I change the contract from ES 12-10 to ES 03-11, then the bars from yesterday, (8 of dec) disapper from my chart. But the 7th of dec and previous days are still showing.

Comment

Well for some strange reason the chart fixed itself at the open. So i guess there is no longer an issue

Comment

I have a similar issue to those outlined above.

1. I have updated instrument manager with the contracts for ES etc.
              2. In a chart I have updated the contract to be ES 03-11
              3. The chart data series end date is 12/9/10

Issue is:
              1. The data shows up to 12/7 and then jumps to 12/9.
              2. I cannot see 12/8 on the chart. When I try reloading the data is just hangs (shows "loading data" continuously and does not complete)
              3. If I manually change the data series to 12/8, I see the data for 12/8

I have also trying repairing the database, and also manually downloading via historical data manager.

Comment

After Rolling over 12/8 data missing only on Day Session Charts

I'm having the same problem, but it has not fixed itself.
                Globex/24 hour charts are fine.
                But day session charts are missing yesterdays (12/8/10) data.
                Todays (12/9/10) prices are coming through fine but with a weird gap because yesterday's data is missing.
                Doing a "Reload All Historical Data" (via Zenfire) just hangs with a "Loading Data" message in the corner.
                I'm using the latest version 7.0.1000.1

Please help.

Comment

Here are the steps as best I can remember which led to them working again.

1. I began placing sim trades on the new contract to see if it would get the charts to update. It did not update my charts set to the "Day's" trading session, but it did display on my 24 hour chart.
                  2. Then I went and switched my chart back to the 12-10 contract. The market then openend and the 12-10 contract was displaying correctly.
                  3. I switched back to the 03-11 contract. It added the missing day back in and updated to the correct data.

Don't know if that will help anyone, but good luck for those who don't have it working yet.

Comment

If you are connected to Zen-Fire please use the steps I have provided below to delete your historical data:
                    • Disconnect
                    • Tools
                    • Historical Data Manager
                    • Edit tab
                    • Select ES 12-10-->Right mouse click-->Delete
                    • Delete ES 03-10 as well
                    • Close NinjaTrader
                    • Documents
                    • NinjaTrader 7
                    • Open the db folder
                    • Open the cache folder
                    • Select all files-->Right mouse click-->Delete
                    • Open NinjaTrader
                    • Connect
                    • Open a new chart

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
                    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was having the same problem( a few days of data would be missing) when i switched over to the march contract. All i did to correct this was go to:

Tools/Historical Data Manager/Download

and downloaded the last few days of the new March contract , bingo the charts populated as normal

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                        If you are connected to Zen-Fire please use the steps I have provided below to delete your historical data:
                        • Disconnect
                        • Tools
                        • Historical Data Manager
                        • Edit tab
                        • Select ES 12-10-->Right mouse click-->Delete
                        • Delete ES 03-10 as well
                        • Close NinjaTrader
                        • Documents
                        • NinjaTrader 7
                        • Open the db folder
                        • Open the cache folder
                        • Select all files-->Right mouse click-->Delete
                        • Open NinjaTrader
                        • Connect
                        • Open a new chart

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
                        Thanks - this corrected my issue -

Any idea why this occurs??

Comment

OK, are you sure the issue is corrected?

I have the whole trading day of Dec 9th missing from my charts. This is the morning of the 10th.

Steps tried:

- roll over contracts in Instrument Manager (it worked well last time...)
                          - I deleted all historical data from the folders by hand (NT7 shut down, of course)
                          - connected to Zen, loaded a 10d 5m chart of ES 03-11

I have all data for Dec 9th (Dec 8th, 22:30 through Dec 9th, 22:15, EST) missing. No matter what I do, it does not appear.

The only way to see Dec 9th is switching back to the ES 12-10 contract by hand. (But selecting the March contract causes Dec 9th to disappear again!)

So I am going back to the pre-roll-over state, as this is not working right now.

Houston! We have another BUG! Is it NT or is it Zen?

BTW, it is not only ES, NQ, TF are suffering from this as well. I am sure I could find a few others too.

Geo

Edit: I forgot to emphasize that I followed all the steps outlined by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ.
                          Last edited by geoninja; 12-10-2010, 07:43 AM.

Comment

OK, this is NT. Went back to last night's backup, and loaded NT7. Connected to TTFix, and......

For my complete amazement, I have a workspace with a 5m and a 30m chart of ES 12-10. Everything is fine on the 5m, but data for Dec 9th is missing on the 30m chart. Go figure....

Goodness me, too many bugs around here.....

Geo

Comment

geoninja,

Please remove the data via the Historical Data Manager. Clearing the folders does not suffice.
                              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes