X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex.com simulation account

NT Support,

Can you please help me?

I’ve newly created an account with Forex.com. I would like to test a strategy using a simulation account prior to deploying it to the live account. My account manager there is telling me that they are unable to do that, and I can only do it through NinjaTrader. Could someone please provide some guidance here? What is the process here? I’ve been going around in circles with them for 3 days on this.

Thanks and regards,

drolles

Hello drolles,

Thank you for your post.

If you have a Live account with GAIN Capital in order to trade in simulation and test strategies you will need to create your connection within NinjaTrader to receive real time and historical data.

I have provided a link below that goes over the steps required to create a GAIN Capital connection.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGuides/Gain-Connection-Guide.php

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I want to be really clear what I’m asking for here. I don’t want to fire orders into the Sim101 account held here locally on my machine. I would like a proper simulation account residing on Forex.com’s servers. With proper simulation of spreads, buying power, order delays, etc.

PFG Best are currently doing this for me, I would like to do the same thing with Forex.com.

Thanks and regards,

drolles

Comment

Are you referring to a GAIN Demo account? If so unfortunately NinjaTrader only supports connections to Live GAIN Capital accounts.

If you have a Live GAIN account and would like access to an account other than the Sim101 account within NinjaTrader you would be required to purchase or lease a Live NinjaTrader license key.

NinjaTrader Purchase Page

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for that.

I already have access to a live Forex.com account. I don’t see any issues with accessing that. Nor have I got any issues connecting to GAIN.

I am referring to having a simulation account with the broker. Call it a paper trading account if you like.

Thanks and regards,

drolles

Comment

Once connected to GAIN if you are using a Live NinjaTrader license key you would have access to this account within NinjaTrader.

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for you reply.

What account are you referring to? A simulation account, and not my real / live account. Right?

Forex.com have only set me up a single account, which is my live account. So I’m unsure what account you are referring to.

Thanks and regards,

drolles

Comment

Originally posted by drolles View Post

I am referring to having a simulation account with the broker. Call it a paper trading account if you like.
                If you have a paper trading account with your broker you would have access to this account within NinjaTrader while using a Live NinjaTrader license key.

If you only have a single Live account with your broker then you may use the Sim101 simulation account within NinjaTrader which would not require a Live NinjaTrader license key.

Comment

Chris,

Thanks very much for your reply.

As per the previous post, Forex.com have sent me to you to enquire regarding paper trading account. I am aware of the Sim101 account and I don’t want to use that. I would like to test end-to-end execution of the strategy so I can get an understanding of how it will execute against the broker’s servers. I am trying to ensure I have a proper understanding of how the strategy is going to operate in the real market with all the associated problems (e.g. slippage, order delays, connection problems, etc).

From your answer I’m to understand that I need Forex.com to set-up the paper trading account?

Thanks and regards,

drolles

Comment

That is correct you would need to have Forex.com setup a Paper Trading account and you would be required to purchase or lease a live NinjaTrader license key to access that account in the platform.

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for that.

Just to be clear, I have a lifetime multi-broker full licence for NT.

I will forward this exchange to my account manager at Forex.com.

Thanks and regards,

drolles

Comment

Daniel,

This is Vince.

Unfortunately Chris is inaccurate in his response, we apologize for this. You need to have a funded account to paper trade.

See here for an announcement we had back in October:

What you perhaps can do is to connect to your Live account and then create a second Sim account. You can do this by going to Tools--> Options--> Simulator tab--> Click on the Accounts button--> Name your Sim account and then hit the Save button.

The new Sim account should show up after this in the account drop down window in the SuperDOM or Chart trader.

Vince
                        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Vince,

Thanks for your response. Of course, apology accepted. Thanks for clarifying.

However, I’m a little confused now. Just to reiterate the point made in post #3 (see below), I do not want to fire orders into a Sim101-like account held on my local machine. I am after a proper simulation account held on GAIN’s servers which will have full accounting attached to it (e.g. price of execution, tom/next rates charged, margin rates / buying power calculations, etc).

From your description I don’t that that solution will fulfil that requirement, please correct me if I’m wrong. I think you are referring to a Sim101-like account held within NT.

Thanks and regards,

drolles

Comment

Daniel,

You are correct in understanding, unfortunately this is not possible and can only be traded in Sim with the Sim 101 account or a self created Sim account as described. These accounts are local on your machine.
                            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                            Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes