Real Time Data stopped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Time Data stopped

I have the latest NT7 (I think) 7.0.1000.1, but even if it is not the latest it was not supposed to have this problem. The date does not always roll over to the next day automatically. This is really dangerous for auto-trading. I don't understand the rational for the current architecture. Why not have a setting where you are real-time updating or else not, explicitly? Why "interpret" based on the current date and infer a roll-over update? This is one of the worst parts of the NT experience for me. I'm staring at the chart and it looks like a slow day in the market, then I say "wait a minute, the chart is hung." Then I look at the date and it is one day behind. So then I go through 10 charts and have to manually update the dates to today! This is crazy. Not only that, but some of the charts are updating, so you really start not to trust what NT is doing...

Hello TradeTree,

Yes, the dates should rollover correctly to the next day. We identified an issue previously where this was not happening and it was resolved.

Please send all your xml files from My Documents\NinjaTrader\workspaces\ to [email protected]

Let us know how you're using NinjaTrader. Are you restarting each day or letting it continuously run? Do you have custom session templates? In any case it should advance to the next day but we need to figure out how yours is setup.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I sent the files to support. I let NT continuously run, but sometimes the computer will hibernate over night. That has not mattered in the past, it will roll over the date when it comes out of hibernation. I now have several workspaces that I keep open.and move between. I also rolled contracts forward today, but it should have already rolled the date by that point.

Comment

Thanks - I will keep an eye out for those files and try to reproduce using your workspaces. Is this something you are identifying every night or only today? I'm curious if rollover had an impact and your merge settings under tools > options > data tab.

Comment

It did not happen before today...since upgrading to this version of NT7. I'll let you know if it happens tomorrow or not.

Comment

It happened again. I think I know the scenario that causes it. Yesterday I disconnected my data feed for about 30 hours. When I reconnected about 2/3 of the charts updated from 12/10 to 12/12. There was not any rhyme or reason to one chart updating and the other not. It was all different time-frames and instruments. One chart with the same instrument would be ok and the other chart not. The issue I have is with the underlying architecture of the software for this feature. It should not be looking at the last day that is selected in order to decide if the chart is a real-time updating chart. If you could select explicitly that this was a real-time chart, then regardless of data interruptions, data feed errors, or PC clock glitches, once everything was back in order the chart would update. It would know that it should be using the real time data for the current day and not get stuck.

My NT version is 7.0.1000.1

Comment

Unfortunately, I've not yet received workspace files to try on our side. You can use Help > Mail to support feature. Check workspaces option and write Atttn: RyanM 405296 in the subject line.

Comment

I sent the files on 11/21/2010 with "Thread 36716" in the subject to [email protected]. There was no bounce on the message.

Comment

Originally posted by tradetree View Post
                  I sent the files on 11/21/2010 with "Thread 36716" in the subject to [email protected]. There was no bounce on the message.
                  I sent them again with your info in the subject...

Comment

Thanks. I received the email, but workspaces were not attached. Please see attached screenshot indicating where to check.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I received the workspaces and will test this, leaving Ninja running overnight while disconnected. I'll share results tomorrow.
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 12-13-2010, 04:46 PM.

Comment

TradeTree,

Just wanted to update this thread to let you know we're still investigating this on our end.

Comment

We are having a hard pinning down the behavior with this. There are many workspaces and each workspace is running many charts. Have you noticed this happening with particular workspaces and charts within that workspace? Can you simplify your setup by reducing the number of running workspaces and charts?

Comment

It is hard because this is my daily trading setup. What I noticed today was that all Vision Financial charts updated to the next day while Interactive Brokers charts did not. Vision is the primary data feed and IB is the secondary. In addition, IB was disconnected last night and reconnected this morning. I'll try and keep IB connected and see if that changes anything. I still think there is an architectural issue with NT. No matter what is connected, when a connection resumes it should go to the current day, if the chart is setup to be "real-time". It could be back a week and load up the missing week when the connection returns. Instead, the software is looking at the date field to determine if a chart is "real-time." That is the actual problem.

Comment

I was slightly mistaken. The Vision charts were all updated (properties value) to the current date 12/16/2010, but had only up to yesterday's data. I had to do a "Reload All Historical Data" to get it to display today's data. In some charts even that didn't get them to include the current date. So I closed and reopened the workspace and that appears to have gotten the charts to wake up and include the current date!
                              Last edited by tradetree; 12-16-2010, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Javierw.ok  
                              Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bltdavid