control center grid settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

control center grid settings

in the orders tab, i can remove/hide columns.
    is there a way to save those settings for when i restart NT?

Hello ssylwester,

Thank you for your post.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using?

In testing this in NT V6.5.1000.19 and NT V7.0.1000.1, the data grid properties that I have customized will retain settings after restarting.

Please try using either of the versions I mentioned and let me know if this is not working for you.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

The NT 7.0.1000.1 Control Center Grid has an annoying feature: If you try to adjust column width manually, the width of the right-hand column (Cancel) keeps widening - whatever you do.

Comment

The NT 7.0.1000.1 Control Center Grid has an annoying feature: If you try to adjust column width manually, the width of the right-hand column (Cancel) keeps widening - whatever you do.
        I agree, this is very annoying. Actually the same sort of thing happened for the Market Analyzer columns. Whenever I re-size some columns to the width size I want them to be, the next time I start up NinjaTrader the columns' width changes and I have to re-size all my columns again. This happens everyday, very annoying, If you can save the layout or template it should also save your specific column width and sizes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jp_kettunen View Post
          Hi,

Thank you for reporting.

This is a known issue in NT V7.0.1000.1.

If you need to reset the column widths to default, you can do so by right clicking on the grid display--> select grid--> properties--> select "reset".

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            I agree, this is very annoying. Actually the same sort of thing happened for the Market Analyzer columns. Whenever I re-size some columns to the width size I want them to be, the next time I start up NinjaTrader the columns' width changes and I have to re-size all my columns again. This happens everyday, very annoying, If you can save the layout or template it should also save your specific column width and sizes as well.
            Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I am not able to replicate this issue here.

I would suggest making sure to save the MA as a template after resizing the columns and also ensure you have hit "yes to all" to save the current MA window as a workspace.

Please let me know you continue to experience issues.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
              Hi,

Thank you for reporting.

This is a known issue in NT V7.0.1000.1.

If you need to reset the column widths to default, you can do so by right clicking on the grid display--> select grid--> properties--> select "reset".
              I too, experience the same annoying behavior as reported by others.

Your suggestion quoted above is not understood. I am not able to find "reset".

Kindly elaborate, preferably with an image.

Thanks in advance.
              murthymsr

Comment

murthymsr,

Please see the attached screen shot to access the Grid Properties where you will be able to select "Reset"

Right click on the Grid--> Select "Grid" then select "Properties" which will bring up the Grid Properites where you can select "reset".
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Mathew,
                  Thanks for prompt response. Your attached image was about the Reset button at : Control Center - Executions Tab.

I was referring to adjustment of column width in connection to Market Analyzer window, which does not have this facility.

Also, is it possible for user to edit the xml file to change the column widths to suit his needs?

Documents and settings\ User\ Ninja Trader7\Templates\Market Analyzer

Thanks in advance.
                  murthymsr

Comment

murthymsr,

Thank you for the clarification.

There is no reset button the market analyzer for the column widths. I will forward this suggestion to our development team to consider in future versions.

Technically it would be possible to modify the xml file, however this is not recommended and we cannot provide any support for doing so. If you're comfortable modifying xml files, do so at your own risk.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Skifree
                    by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                    0 responses