Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Historical Data

Not sure where this belongs.
    Have access to Gain historical data. Trying to setup to use their historical FX data for system dev. in NT. If anyone can assist, I would appreciate the help.

What do you mean access? In file format or by connecting to a GAIN account through NinjaTrader?
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Was given a website that allows me to download historical data files in csv but don't see how those files to be used in NT. Also, they are 1 file per week per currency pair. It would take downloading 104 files for 1 year of data for 2 currency pairs and then I need to see how to access them through NT. Am I not seeing the whole picture?

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. You will need to properly format this data so that it can be imported into NinjaTrader.

Additional information is located here - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Import.html
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

esignal

Thanks but that doesn't look like worth the trouble. How easy is it to get and use esignal fx historical data in nt?

Comment

Latest NT 6.0.1000.5 supports eSignal FX by default. Just connect to eSignal and you should be able to get realtime and historical data for all NT FX default instruments.

Not sure if you need to amend your eSignal subscription though. I suggest contacting eSignal to clarify.

Comment

I have been using historical data from Forex.com (GAIN/FX). I have a Java program that translates the FX data into a format that NT can read and would be happy to send you the source or object if you can run it. You are right about having to download and then translate 52 files to get a year. I manually put 4 together to give me month files for each currancy that I then import as I need them to do backtesting. This is tick data so NT cannot handle very much anyway.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post cre8able  
              Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Sam2515