Changing Instruments On Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Instruments On Chart

Since it's rollover I'm wanting to simply change the symbol on my chart to the current contract. How can I do this without losing all the lines which I have drawn on my chart? I try replacing the symbol on my chart but it says that I cannot delete the primary data series, and of course when I open a new chart with the new symbol, the lines aren't there.

Hi BrandonLG83,

Thank you for your note.

As it stands currently, you'd need to recreate the drawing objects on the new chart. Unfortunately, these items are tied to the contract on which they are originally drawn.

That said, I will forward this enhancement request on to development for further consideration as a future addition to the software.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonLG83 View Post
      Since it's rollover I'm wanting to simply change the symbol on my chart to the current contract. How can I do this without losing all the lines which I have drawn on my chart? I try replacing the symbol on my chart but it says that I cannot delete the primary data series, and of course when I open a new chart with the new symbol, the lines aren't there.
      In one of the forums they sugegsted SAVE AS and name this chart "Dec 2010" and your next rollover month "March 2011". Won't be on same chart but you could go back and look at them.
      David

Comment

Ok thank you both for your replies, and thanks Kyle for forwarding this request on to development.

Comment

multiple data series on chart

i have three data series on the chart, es, 6e and nq. i can rollover the primary series. how do i rollover the other data series without deleting them and adding them again. this causes those data series to start with blank sub-charts and having to reload indicators, format, etc.

Comment

Hello trader1512,

The other series would need to be removed and re-added via the Data Series window. I understand this is not ideal, but it's the only way to accomplish the roll-over currently. That said, you could use a chart template to retain your indicator settings.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes