Known TF PATS/RCG Data Issue Near Expiration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Known TF PATS/RCG Data Issue Near Expiration

There is a known issue with bad TF data coming from the PATS/RCG server, or from an IB using this server. RCG is sending out yesterday's settlement price all day long, interspersed with actual trades. These settlement prices show up as if they were actual trades. The charts are useless, and the SupeDOM jumps back and forth. See attached screen shot.

The problem happens during the last 2 weeks before expiration, and is impacting both MAR and DEC TF right now. My IB, Global Futures, contacted RCG to fix this issue at the end of the SEP contract. They are in contact again now, but the issue remains. NT Support is aware of the problem, however, brokerage firms are the RCG customers, and they are in the best position to get this resolved. Please contact your broker if this is affecting you. More information:

1) This problem is specific to RCG servers only. It does not happen with PATS data coming from any other provider (Penson server for example).
    2) RCG was able to transmit TF data correctly for years until recently.
    3) NinjaTrader simply receives the data and displays it. Logic suggests that all other front ends using PATS/RCG are being impacted.
    4) Global Futures and all other IBs using RCG can insist that data be delivered to their customers in a form that they can trade with.

Hoping that this post might be of help to other NT users, and that together we can get this issue resolved.

Dan
    Attached Files

Dan,

If you move to NT7, you can also use a workaround for getting charts at least readable. This entails manually editing the data entries of those bad dates yourself and instead of using your data provider's data, use your own defined data. You can do this through NT7's Historical Data Manager.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My broker is GlobalFutures and clearing firm is Penson, data provider is Pats.

When I open a chart for TF on NJ6.5, it doesn't automatically update price data. Nor does CL. I have to manually update the historical data. Is there any fix for this issue? I called my broker but they told me they don't know what could be the problem. Only ES updates automatically.
      Last edited by luizgota; 12-15-2010, 01:53 PM.

Comment

luizgota,

Please check the chart's session begin/end times on the chart. Perhaps you are getting it filtered. Please also open a T&S window for the instrument to see if you are receiving real-time data for those instruments as well.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Nothing shows up at the T&S window, nor in Static Dom.

The issue is definitely not with NJ, since I already traded TF, CL etc on NJ a year ago with a different broker (using TT data) and there were no such problems.

Other than changing the broker, seems like I'll have to switch to another platform for now.

Comment

Hello,

May be that your account is not enabled for this data.

Can you plase goto ControL Center->Tools->Instrument Manager->Patsystems... button. Click this and then check this list to make sure the CL instrument is listed in this list.

If it is under what exchange is it listed? Also check for the TF. and let me know exchange for TF if it is listed there.

If it is not listed here please contract your broker to get this data added to your account.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cmtjoancolmenero