Strategy properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy properties

I have read the documentation on Strategy properties for order quantity and find it lacking in NT. For Tradestation it is quite easy:
    1) Set if quantity is in shares or dollars
    2) Set how many shares or dollars for this strategy.
    3) Set nearest round up/down value for shares or dollars per entry.

In NT I can't figure out what the settings are and trying some settings produced strange results. Is there better documentation somewhere than the user guide? Here is what is in the user guide:

Entries per direction
    Sets the maximum number of entries allowed per direction while a position is active based on the "Entry handling" property
    Entry handling
    Sets the manner in how entry orders are handled. If set to "AllEntries", the strategy will process all entry orders until the maximum allowable entries set by the "Entries per direction" property has been reached while in an open position. If set to "UniqueEntries", strategy will process entry orders until the maximum allowable entries set by the "Entries per direction"

Set order quantity
    Sets how the order size is determined, options are:
    "by default quantity" - User defined order size
    "by strategy" - Takes the order size specified programmatically within the strategy
    "by account" - Allows you to set a virtual account value that is used to determine maximum order size based on margin settings per instrument set in the Instrument Manager

So for example, I set Entries per direction to 200, Entry Handling to "unique entries", the "Set order quantity" to "by account size" and the account size to 10000 (I assumed $). The shares traded (historically backtest) were 10 long and short for a $60 stock. That is only $600 per trade. What algorithm is it using for this and why is it not documented? I got the same result putting Entry Handling to "All entries."

tradetree, I could not reproduce this here, I tried for example the SampleMACrossOver on the QQQQ's on our free Kinetick EOD connection for the last year with an account size set to 10000 (yes $) - last entry done was for exmaple for 185 shares @ 53.86 == 9964.10 $ positon. Did you try with a default EntriesPerDirection to 1? What symbol and strategy were you using?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hardware requirements

I am setting auto strategy on external servers, and would like to know the best harward specifications if we trade 10 strategies simoultaneos on different instruments

Comment

Unfortunately we could not recommend a specific system setup to work with, but a multicore system with 4-8 GB RAM should do well for your purpose.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post kempotrader  
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes