Chart stuck at "Loading Data..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Brett,

According to your advice, I have excluded "Documents->Ninja Trader 7" folder in AVG's resident shield. As for Administrator rights, well - my account is of admin type.
    One chart loads range bars for 7 days and the other chart loads 5 minutes candles for the last 15 days. Doesn't sound too demanding to me...

This issue is peculiar: the only consistency here is that some of the time it just gets stuck in the "Loading data" stage. The Dynamic SuperDom is working, the software is stable - the charts just sometimes get stuck at that stage while other times it works and loads fast!

If the data feed is good, I believe that there might be a bug in the charts data mounting / display functions (however your R&D guys call it).

Are there log files I might sent you that can help?

Regards.
    Last edited by Yaron; 12-13-2010, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Hi Brett,

I'm using Zenfire for my primary (only futures) datafeed too and Kinetick for the forex data. Also I have a API connection to my IB account. And unfortunately no, "Run as administrator" doesn't help.

Comment

Hello,

Can I have both of you send a note to support and reference this post put ATTN: Brett in the subject line from Help->Mail To Support in NinjaTrader. Please be sure to attach your Trace and Log Files.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          Hello,

Can I have both of you send a note to support and reference this post put ATTN: Brett in the subject line from Help->Mail To Support in NinjaTrader. Please be sure to attach your Trace and Log Files.

When I try to send you mail via the method you suggest I get an error message. Please see attached screenshot.

Do you have an email address I can use? Please PM me.
          Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Please send them manually to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post.

Please attach the below files.

Can you please send me your trace files for today so I can look into this. I will need both files attached to a return email.
            You can find these files at the following locations, please attach these to a return email as an attachment
            My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20101213 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
            My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20101213 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

I had this same problem in NT7 beta RC1 with the Interactive Brokers connection. It was so bad at one point and happened so frequently on so many of the symbols that I was considering just dumping NT7 for Amitrader or Neoticker or something.

See the thread RC1 and "loading data" crashes

Fortunately that same day the final General Release came out and the bug disappeared - at least for a while.

Now it came back and I see it happen about once every couple of days. I just close NinjaTrader and re-open it.

If I leave it, I find it often crashes the app down to a "Not responding" state after a couple of hours, although this might be just bad luck & an unconnected crash.
              Last edited by adamus; 12-13-2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Please send them manually to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post.

Please attach the below files.

Can you please send me your trace files for today so I can look into this. I will need both files attached to a return email.
                You can find these files at the following locations, please attach these to a return email as an attachment
                My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20101213 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
                My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20101213 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

I zipped log and trace folders and sent them to your support email. Subject is "ATTN: Brett". Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by adamus View Post
                  I had this same problem in NT7 beta RC1 with the Interactive Brokers connection. It was so bad at one point and happened so frequently on so many of the symbols that I was considering just dumping NT7 for Amitrader or Neoticker or something.

See the thread RC1 and "loading data" crashes

Fortunately that same day the final General Release came out and the bug disappeared - at least for a while.

Now it came back and I see it happen about once every couple of days. I just close NinjaTrader and re-open it.

If I leave it, I find it often crashes the app down to a "Not responding" state after a couple of hours, although this might be just bad luck & an unconnected crash.
                  I'm suffering from the bug right now, in fact it's been manifesting itself for the last 12 hours since I posted above.

I don't know what makes it disappear again, but I hope it does soon. It turns NinjaTrader into a nightmare for live trading. When it was in beta, I blamed myself for using beta software to trade, but this is General Release.

I hope this can be aggressively prioritized as one of the worst if not the worst bug in the application.

ps just for the record, I am not running an anti-virus program on my PC, I am not running any back-up program and I have administrator priviliges, and the average load time for the chart data when it works is less than half a second.

Comment

THis is exactly what happened to me yesterday. The whole day was impossible to trade. Suddenly at 01:00 EST, it started working like a charm, i.e. everything loaded in seconds.

Comment

Hello,

Development is looking into a case of this at this time. I have forwarded this thread to development.

Comment

Originally posted by perryg View Post
                        THis is exactly what happened to me yesterday. The whole day was impossible to trade. Suddenly at 01:00 EST, it started working like a charm, i.e. everything loaded in seconds.
                        I have been trading until 08:30 EST, and now suddenly got disconnected, and now cannot reconnect to Zenfire again. i.e. problems from yesterday are back again, computer freezes, and loading data..................

Comment

Hello,

If you cant connect to zenfire again this would point to in your case more general PC connectivity issues.

What is your ISP, do you have aonther PC or internet connection to test this?

Comment

Hello,

If you cant connect to zenfire again this would point to in your case more general PC connectivity issues.

What is your ISP, do you have aonther PC or internet connection to test this?
                            I have no problem with my PC connectivity. Everything works perfectly EXCEPT Zenfire. If there was a problem why does KINETICS fire up in a second with all data. NO probelms. It is only with ZENFIRE that there is a problem, and this is from day one with version 7. You have other people with the same problem on this thread. We all experience the EXACT same problems.

Comment

Hello,

This is not the case, everyone else in this tread is on Interactice Brokers connections.

Also, the issue here is in loading data..., not getting connected which are two different arena's all together.

I have responded to your email with further instructions for your specific case to move forward.

Also, you may be having some for of firewall issue that is blocking the zenfire traffic but not the Kinetick traffic is another possibility but we want to look into this seriously and take next steps and go from there.

Comment

adamus,

We need reproducible steps and insights into what exactly you are doing. What kind of charts do you have? When are you loading the data? Are you reloading data? What steps have you taken from beginning to when it says "Loading data"? What is in the Control Center status bar? Did you try to load data and then load another set of data before the first set was done? What happens with new charts? Are you sure you are not running into data load pacing violations with IB?
                                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Christopher_R  
                                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                                166 responses
                                0 likes