Collapse

Chart stuck at "Loading Data..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This happened to me this morning after starting NT7 with a default workspace with two charts for testing. I connected to Zen sim for data and the charts blanked with the Loading message and stayed that way. I had to shut down NT and restart in order to get the feed to populate my charts. Dunno what is happening.

Dan

This is using Windoze XP
    Last edited by eDanny; 12-14-2010, 12:48 PM.
    eDanny
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

This is not the case, everyone else in this tread is on Interactice Brokers connections.

Also, you may be having some for of firewall issue that is blocking the zenfire traffic but not the Kinetick traffic is another possibility but we want to look into this seriously and take next steps and go from there.
      I am on ZenFire Sim as well with NT7.
      As your R&D guys are working on this issue, I want to reproduce my steps:

1. I launch NT7.
      2. I wait for everything to load (happens very fast). All the charts show data from the last time I successfully connected.
      3. I connect to ZenFire and touch nothing else (not even my mouse / keyboard) and wait.
      4. NT7 charts are stuck at the "Loading data..." stage with blank charts. Game over.

I excluded NT7 folders from the resident shield, completely disabled the firewall and my anti virus and ran NT7 as administrator - sometime NT7 works, usually it gets stuck in the "Loading Data..." stage. Tried it just now 5 times (worked 1 time).

I am ready to make a video of this entire process and upload it to someplace if it helps you guys nail this issue. Furthermore, I've been 14 years in the software industry (try developing first person shooters for the PC - you will discover the true meaning of pain) so I have a lot of understanding of this business - and I can help.

I am officially offering you my assistance, if you can compile a custom debug version of your exe file and send me for testing, I will gladly use it. Dump everything into this compilation - logs, real time messages, whatever. If you want, I can also work directly with your programmers - it will be quicker.

I like your software (when it works) and I intend to use it heavily - we will both win.

Comment

Hello,

I believe I was all talked to you through email at various stages of this thread. We are preparing at this time a custom build with some developer changes. If I have a replay out to you waiting for response please reply to that email so I can get a custom build out to you to see if some of the changes we have ineffect positively effect this. Therefor either please open a new ticket to support with ATTN: Brett and reference this forum thread or reply to and email I have out to you requesting custom build so that I can get this out to you to see if this will improve the situation.

Also, Yuron, thanks for the offer we will work closely with you as well please reopen the email thread I have open with you by emailing me back.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          Hello,

I believe I was all talked to you through email at various stages of this thread. We are preparing at this time a custom build with some developer changes. If I have a replay out to you waiting for response please reply to that email so I can get a custom build out to you to see if some of the changes we have ineffect positively effect this. Therefor either please open a new ticket to support with ATTN: Brett and reference this forum thread or reply to and email I have out to you requesting custom build so that I can get this out to you to see if this will improve the situation.

Also, Yuron, thanks for the offer we will work closely with you as well please reopen the email thread I have open with you by emailing me back.

Sounds Good.
          I just sent you a new email in the "ATTN: Brett" email thread.

Let's nail these issues!

Comment

I also have the same problem with NT7

Hello,

I have the same problem.

Comment

Hello,

Please send a note to support @ ninjatrader dot com from the applications help->mail to support and put attn: brett in the subject line so that I can look into your specific case. Make sure to include trace and log files and what time zone you are located in.

Comment

Hello Brett,

I can't send emails to support from NT7. I get a message saying - 'the other side didn't respond or connection faild because the hosting computer response faild'.
                About the charts - they now rarely opens but when they do they Not functioning, there is no price movement, the timeline is incorrect and it goes back only about 6 hours.
                I'm in GMT+2 and I'm using realtime demo.

Thanks
                Last edited by aladin871; 12-16-2010, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Hello,

please send a note manually in this case using your email client to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post and put ATTN: Brett in the subject line.

Can you please send me your trace files for today so I can look into this. I will need both files attached to a return email.

You can find these files at the following locations, please attach these to a return email as an attachment

My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20101216for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
                  My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20101216 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

My own Summary

After working with Brett from NT support I can conclude that at this stage, my own personal problems seems to be occurring when I connect to ZenFire and try loading data after 8:00am EST or before 1:00am EST.

NT support told me that this probably have to do with my ISP (NetVision). When I connect before 8:00am EST, NT7 works great and all the data is loading quickly. If I leave NT7 connected, I can trade all day without issues.

I wonder if there are any other traders here from other parts of the world that have the same issue? (I am from Israel).

Cheers and happy holidays to all.

Comment

I have the exact same problem, and am connected to Netvsion.

Comment

Originally posted by perryg View Post
                        I have the exact same problem, and am connected to Netvsion.
                        Shalom Perry,

This is so strange, isn't it? What on earth is the difference between netvision and 012 or any other ISP in Israel?

Comment

Originally posted by Yaron View Post
                          Shalom Perry,

This is so strange, isn't it? What on earth is the difference between netvision and 012 or any other ISP in Israel?
                          None. The problem seems to be with Zenfire for NT7. I would also suggest you open a technical support request with Netvision, explaining your problem and ask for help. In the meantime I am working very closely with Ninja Trader support and Development, and I have also put Netvision into my loop. The strange thing is that it works perfectly between certain hours only. If you connect within these hours and do not close NT7 outside of these hours, you will be able to continue working as if nothing is wrong. Only if you close NT7 and try and reconnect you cannot, until the following day.

Comment

Yeah same here. I will send netvision a request.

Comment

new circumstances

This issue is current right now, and different to before, I just received the "Loading data...." message and the hanging even though NT isn't connected to either IB or IQFeed.

I opened NT, which automatically opened my chart. I selected each instrument in my default list just to see if all the data was still there (which I have to do to keep a handle on another bug). I was half way through the list (i.e. about 10 instruments checked) when the next instrument refused to load and it stuck with the "loading data..." comment.

Comment

Unfortunately the same issues here. My ISP is the German Telecom and I guess it has nothing to do with the ISP. Have re-installed NT7, deleting the cache and day, minutes and tick data. Repaired the database. Nothing helps.

Sometimes the CPU ussage is quite high alltough I have no connection to any data feed. I'm using Zenfire and Kinetick and an API connection to IB. It would be great, if this issue could be fixed immediately because I can't run any automated strategy.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                                1 response
                                1 like
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                                Started by EB Worx, 04-04-2023, 02:34 AM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post VFI26